Claims- Litigation Specialist
Company: Acceptance Insurance
Posted on: May 5, 2021
As a Team Member at Acceptance Insurance, you will be part of a
growing organization that continues to evolve and positively
impacts the lives of our team members and customers. We are looking
for team members that engage - who take responsibility for
themselves and take care of their customers and colleagues. Ideal
candidates can compose themselves under pressure, have a "make It
right" mindset, and focus their energies on solving problems. This
means you'll be supported by a team with all these qualities, too.
If this sounds like the kind of team you'd like to join, we want to
hear from you! --- Acceptance Insurance offers a full line of
benefits including: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Paid
Vacation, Disability Insurance and Employer Matching 401(k)
Program.WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants are
considered for position and are evaluated without regard to mental
or physical disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, color,
gender, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran
status or any other protected local, state or federal status
unrelated to the performance of the work involved. As a Litigation
Specialist, you will be responsible for the investigation,
evaluation, negotiation, and resolution of litigated claims pending
in multiple jurisdictions throughout the United States in
accordance with company standards, procedures, and state regulatory
requirements. This will involve directing outside counsel and
establishing litigation plans in order to reach cost effective
resolutions of bodily injury and property damage claims including
those involving high risk and high exposure. Protection of our
Insured's and the Company's financial exposures are critical.
- Proactively investigate coverage, liability, compensability and
damages with all parties involved in a claim.
- Review and evaluate new lawsuits to determine appropriate
- Review and interpret legal opinions and expert reports.
- Stay abreast of legal trends and case law.
- Review and analyze litigated claims on an ongoing basis.
- Work with defense counsel to develop and control strategies, in
consideration of all applicable laws, venues, while controlling
costs and determining settlement value versus defense at
- Understand and apply state specific law and regulations in
highly litigious venues across the country.
- Review each claim for coverage issues, utilize coverage
attorney opinions, and work with supervisors to resolve.
- Assist other departments with policy and coverage
- Establish reserve setting in accordance with company
- Complete Bodily Injury and Property Damage Evaluation Forms and
make recommendations for the disposition of claims in excess of
individual settlement authority.
- Refer lawsuits to properly approved defense attorneys, and
direct their handling, including the authorization of discovery
actions and motions practice.
- Review, audit and pay invoices of independent adjusters,
defense experts, attorneys, and other vendors in timely manner
controlling litigation cost.
- Document claim file notes clearly, with all communications and
activities that occur during handling of the claim, using factual
and objective information.
- Maintain a current 30-day diary on all open claims.
- Though primary duties are handled inside, attendance at trials,
meditations and or depositions may be required.
- Direct negotiation with attorneys on settlement of cases.
- Provide input in round-table discussions.
- Other duties as assigned by the claims supervisor
- A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience handling complex casualty
claims including litigation.
- Background in nonstandard automobile claims handling is a
- Knowledge of State specific insurance laws and
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy.
- Knowledge of civil procedures.
- Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment and
handle job responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
- Thorough knowledge of insurance coverages, contracts and claims
- Analytical skills necessary to make decisions and resolve
complex issues inherent in handling losses.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, both
verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from management, employees and customers.
- Strong analytical and negotiation abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge & skill in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and exercise
strong, sound judgment.
- Ability to prioritize activities and projects while staying
- Ability to process high volumes of work while meeting
- Hard work, honesty, integrity and unwavering business
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate state adjuster
license(s) and continuing education credits.
Keywords: Acceptance Insurance, Tallahassee , Claims- Litigation Specialist, Legal , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!