Armed Security Guard- Part Time
Company: FrankCrum Staffing
Posted on: March 26, 2020
FrankCrum Staffing has an opening in the Tallahassee area for a
Armed Security Guard - Part Time for a large company. The Armed
Security Guard secures the premises and personnel by patrolling
property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings,
equipment, and access points; and permitting entry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees,
visitors, vendors and other persons, asking for appropriate
documentation and/or authorization in order to stop suspicious
people and guard against theft and maintaining security of
- Warns persons of rule infractions or policy / procedure
violations; apprehends or evicts violators from premises
- Responds to alarms, calls of distress, or emergencies such as
fire, injuries or presence of unauthorized persons by calling
police, fire departments and/or local emergency response teams.
Investigates and reports disturbances, hazards, and suspicious
activities to local police for correction actions
- Participates in routine safety equipment checks to ensure
security equipment is functioning properly and is regularly
maintained, following manufacturer's instructions; inspects and
adjusts security systems, equipment and machinery as needed to
ensure operational use and detect evidence of tampering;
troubleshoots malfunctions, calling for repairs as needed;
evaluates new equipment and techniques
- Maintains company's stability and reputation by complying with
local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Ensures reports, records and other documentation is accurate,
complete, timely and in accordance with established policies and
- Officers will carry/maintain firearm in a professional, yet
non-threatening manner. Firearm shall be carried on the officer's
dominant hip, no cross-draw holster allowed
- Security must have DOA level two retention security
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma/GED.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and have a current, valid
State of Florida driver license
- Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive drug screen
and level 2 background check
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with
or without mechanical assistance
- Must be and remain compliant with local, state, and federal
laws, statutes, and regulations; particularly those related to
working in the cannabis industry.
- Previous experience working as a licensed armed Security
Guard/Officer in the State of Florida.
- Previous experience working in retail and customer service
environment, accurate use of computer-based point of sale software
- Able to understand and follow written/oral instructions.
- Able to communicate in conversational English in order to work
effectively with customers and team members, operate electronic
equipment (computer, laptop), comprehend safety procedures, and
utilize telecommunication devices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Proven ability to analyze data and draw appropriate conclusions
to inform policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to respectfully and politely interact with customers
and team members.
- Security Guards shall receive semiannual training related to
their position which may be after hours or weekends. The training
will be facilitated by instructors at no cost to the Guard.
- Must own a 9mm, 40Cal. or 45Cal. handgun in one of the
following models; Glock, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Ruger,
Springfield, or H&K firearms only.
- Must have three 03 magazines and magazine carrier.
- Must wear your handgun in a level two retention holster
(minimum) designed for your handgun on your dominant hip.
- Must wear holster, magazine carrier and handcuff case on an
approved 2 -- inch nylon or leather utility belt.
- No other equipment can be carried without prior approval.
- Security Guards are allowed to wear Body armor under their
Company shirt if desired. Company shall provide a polo shirt,
however, the company will not provide any other equipment for the
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements
of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly,
emotionally upset, and at times hostile people in the facility.
Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida Department of
Agriculture class D and G license. Must obtain a CPR/First Aid/AED
certification within 45 days of employment date.
Special Instructions to Applicants: The schedule for this position
is subject to change with notice. This position is subject to
after-hours and/or weekend shifts based on seasonal demands.
Hours are: 10 AM - 8 PM M-F and 11 AM - 5 PM Sat.- Sun. Have to be
flexible with schedule.
**Resumes are best viewed and optimized for system upload in a
standard Word format**
FrankCrum is an equal opportunity employer prohibiting
discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion,
national origin, disability, marital status and any other
characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Keywords: FrankCrum Staffing, Tallahassee , Armed Security Guard- Part Time, Other , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!