Primary tasks include tours, community and public relations,
identifying current resident needs, and providing resources for
service coordination assessments, counseling, case management,
educational and supportive services to residents in need of help to
maintain tenancy, independence and self-sufficiency. Successfully
leads the resident recruitment process by establishing and
cultivating meaningful relationships with prospects and their
families and identifies individual candidate’s needs. Develops and
maintains productive internal and external marketing strategies
including referral sources and community relationships. Maintains
occupancy levels, tracks and trends resident movements, is the
central point of contact for all prospective residents and manages
the move in/assessment process in collaboration with the Community
• Prior experience in marketing to seniors, in sales, senior
housing, long-term care insurance, hospitality or an appropriate
healthcare/personal care background preferred.
• 4-year degree in marketing or human services field preferred.
Certification/licensure in assisted living/personal care a
• Proven track record of marketing/sales results.
• An outgoing personality, superior communication skills and
strong customer service orientation required. Must present a neat,
clean appearance and demonstrate a positive, cheerful attitude.
• Valid state issued driver’s license and some travel are
Other Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
This position requires the incumbent to have:
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and statues
that pertain to senior housing and landlord tenant law.
• Expertise in working with senior resident populations.
• Excellent communication skills; written and verbal: to be able
to read aloud, speak in front of groups and formulate ideas on
• Be dependable and punctual with a professional, competent
• Demonstrate strong customer service skills and telephone
• Adaptable, flexible and focused on meeting the needs of
prospective residents and their
families. Able to work irregular hours, occasional weekends and
• Possess leadership/supervisory skills.
Essential Position Functions and Tasks:
1. External marketing focus
• Fosters a positive Community image in the community and
presents a professional image.
• Forms alliances with key community individuals who have
influential relationships with the
geriatric population and/or their family members.
• Develops and cultivates relationships with religious,
healthcare, skilled-care, and other
professional businesses and service providers in the
• Identifies, creates and distributes appropriate promotional
materials designed to generate
• Represents the Community at local functions by making
informational presentations. This
may also include hosting/leading local support groups and
participating in other appropriate
community organizations’ events.
2. Community and prospective resident focus.
• Meets or exceeds the Community’s established performance
measures of the minimum
contacts to be made per month.
• Meets budgeted occupancy goals for the Community.
• Cultivates resident and family relationships to generate
leads, conducts tours and assesses
candidates’ needs. Qualifies financially and physically eligible
candidates and works towards a
move-in commitment by every qualified candidate.
• Follows-up with prospective residents and family members
through phone, mail, email and
direct visits to encourage/obtain a move-in commitment.
• Maintains appropriate prospect database per Community
• Completes/submits all required budgets, reports, analysis, and
forms in a timely manner.
• Collaborates effectively with Community Executive Director and
3. Assist in maintaining optimal occupancy of the property.
• Continuously monitor and ensure the prompt filling of
• Track inquiries and referrals of applicants.
• Contact marketing sources to place advertisements as
• Select, approve and certify residents in compliance with
regulatory agencies and standards set
by the Community.
• Develop and maintain property waiting lists.
• Monitor and maintain ongoing knowledge and understanding of
the internal and external
markets affecting the occupancy of the housing properties.
• Continuously maintain positive connections and relationships
with neighborhood agencies,
organizations and individuals to ensure optimal marketability of
• Assures residents maintain move in criteria, reassess and
recommend alternative placement if
• Give tours and information to perspective residents.
• Follows through admission process with residents and assists
them during transition period.
• Accept and process reservations and Community deposits and
enter new residents in all
building and accounting systems.
• Upon move out, process all needed information in a timely
manner and pass on to other
staff as needed.
4. Provide office and administrative support.
• Retrieve phone messages and answer phones regularly, taking
messages as needed.
• Type, as required, resident documentation, correspondence,
contracts, memos and reports.
• Establish proper formatting techniques and grammar when typing
• Maintain confidentiality of all material.
• Assist with program or meeting arrangements for special
• Maintain resident files, apartment files, and appropriate
documents as required by
management both monthly and yearly.
• Keep Executive Director informed and advised of needs and
• Copy and fax materials as needed.
• Order and maintain office supplies inventory.
5. Provide resident services support and address needs for
programs and services of a very
challenging and diverse population.
• Make recommendations for financial, social, and personal needs
of the Residents.
• Be receptive to residents’ questions, comments, complaints,
and service requests taking
prompt corrective action. Directs problems to the Executive
Director as needed.
• Take appropriate action in case of emergency.
• Assist residents in developing interpersonal relationships in
socializing effectively and in
developing the confidence needed to participate in-group
• Inform residents of rights, responsibilities, policies and
• Support the efforts and activities of the residents, resident
meetings and other resident
• Recommend changes, improvements, new services and policies,
etc. to the Executive
Director as are appropriate to ensure optimal, high quality
• Respond to a wide variety of resident and family requests,
needs, and situations and provide
resources and options.
• Empower residents to make decisions for themselves to the
greatest extent possible.
• Continuously assess residents’ needs and strengths. Develop
and implement policies,
systems, programs and services that meet residents’ needs and
utilize their strengths to
support and maintain their independence and create an optimal
quality of life.
• Maintains, at all times, privacy and confidentiality of
resident, resident’s records and resident
6. Participate and function effectively as a team member.
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with
staff, Executive Director, and
other Community staff including providing backup to other staff
• Articulate information regarding residents to the team.
• Provide work direction and training for interns or volunteers
• Provide proactive, constructive participation in staff
meetings, committees, etc.
• Assists other departments with special events and family
• Be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
• Be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
• Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and
other emergency situations.
• Reports injuries to self, residents or visitors immediately to
• Communicate regularly with the Executive Director to discuss
problems and possible
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
• Prepare, record, submit and maintain accurate and timely
correspondence and paperwork
regarding resident data, billing information, and
• Keep accurate marketing records and turn in information to the
• Communicates and documents resident data to staff as
• Responsible for operating with budget guidelines.
• This position reports to the VP of National Sales and
Marketing with a dotted-line to the
• Develop good working relationship with entire on-site
• Support the Mission , Vision, and Values of the Community and
establish good working
relationships with Executive staff.
• Establish positive relationships with residents.
• Establish positive relationships with guests, vendors, and
• Actively participate in professional associations related to
Life Insurance, Accident, Critical Illness, and other ancillary
Discounted meal tickets
Various offers and discounts from popular vendors
What is the highest level of education you’ve obtained? What is
the highest level of education you’ve obtained? Please explain your
prior experience in working with a senior population, if
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? Yes
How did you hear about Tapestry Senior Living? (If referred by
current associate, please list their full name so that we can thank
Please list all education history:
Please list all work experience, including dates of employment,
position, and reason for leaving.
Have you ever been discharged or asked to resign from a
position? If yes, please explain.
Do you hold any professional licenses? If so, please specify the
name of the license and expiration date for each.
Are you looking for a full-time, part-time, or on-call position?
Full-time (30+ hours per week) Part-time (less than 30 hours per
week) On-call (irregularly scheduled shifts, on an as-needed basis-
AKA "PRN" status)
What shifts are you available to work? Day Evening Night Any
What days of the week are you available to work? Monday Tuesday
Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
Are you available to work holidays? Yes No
List 3 professional references. By listing, you authorize
Tapestry Senior Housing Management to collect any additional
information that may be necessary for your application for
Have you ever been bonded? Yes No
Have you ever been refused a bond? Yes No
Are you bound by a non-competition agreement of your current or
previous employer? Yes No
Have you ever been employed by Tapestry Senior Housing
Management? If yes, please list dates of employment.
Are you comfortable working around pets (cats, dogs, birds, and
other small animals)? Yes No
I certify that the information in this application is accurate,
current and complete. I understand that misstatements or omission
may result in disqualification from further consideration. Yes
We invite you to complete the optional self-identification
questions below used for compliance with government regulations and
record-keeping guidelines. Any self-identification information
provided will not be considered in the selection process.
GENDER Male Female Nonbinary I do not wish to self-identify my
ETHNICITY Hispanic/Latino White (Not Hispanic or Latino)
Black/African American (Not Hispanic or Latino) Native
Hawaiian/Other Pac Island (Not Hispanic or Latino) Asian (Not
Hispanic or Latino) American Indian/Alaska Native (Not Hispanic or
Latino) Two or More Races (Not Hispanic or Latino) Decline to
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected
veterans listed below, please indicate by selecting the appropriate
category(ies). The hiring employer is a Government contractor
subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of
1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C.
4212 (VEVRAA) and requests this information in order to measure the
effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts it
undertakes pursuant to VEVRAA.
Disabled Veteran Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran Veteran who
served on active duty during a war or in a campaign or expedition
for which a campaign badge has been authorized Recently Separated
Veteran, but not one of the four protected classes above I
decline to state my veteran status Not a Veteran
Because the hiring employer does business with the government,
it must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to
qualified people with disabilities. Answering this question is
voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to complete it. If you
are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private
and will not be used against you in any way.
Yes, I have a disability (or previously had a disability) No, I
don't have a disability I do not wish to answer this question