Senior Product Designer
Company: Stack Overflow
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Some Recent Projects We've Been Working On Include
Stack Overflow exists to serve developers. Whether we---re helping
them get answers to their questions or find a new job, we build
products that millions of developers use. As a designer at Stack
Overflow, you---ll create and build products that directly impact
the work and the lives of those developers.
- Our newest products, Stack Overflow for Teams and for
Enterprise, which give organizations a private, secure home for
their team---s questions and answers.
- New experiments on Stack Overflow Talent and Advertising to
help companies reach and engage developers with job and advertising
- Creating an inclusive and engaging platform for the global
community of developers and technologists, while modernizing our
interface and user experience.
And as a member of the product design team, you---ll also spend
lots of time working with us, whether that---s contributing to our
design system, participating in critique, or just hanging out with
us in Slack. We---re a team that rejects competition between
designers and instead embraces collaboration and is always looking
for ways to teach and help each other.
We---re looking for a generalist - someone who has the skills to do
everything from research to early-stage design explorations to
high-fidelity prototypes and mockups and front-end development. But
most importantly, we---re looking for someone who---s excited to
join our small team, to dig into big projects, and to learn and
share with us.
While we---re very open to hiring remote (everyone on the design
team is remote!), we need your working hours to overlap with (at
least) the hours of 10AM - 1PM US Eastern time.
Skills & Requirements
What you---ll do:
- Follow our fast-moving product development process in close
collaboration with your product team
- Identify when user research and experience design methods are
necessary, and conduct or help conduct that discovery work
- Design high-quality visuals, interactions, workflows, and copy
that are user-centered and consistent with our design language
- Use your design work appropriately in context with the overall
product and business goals to impact and drive product
- Write clean and maintainable html/css
- Contribute to a collaborative and inclusive team environment
where design ideas and feedback are shared openly and with the best
What We Want To See
- At least 6 years of product design experience
- Evidence of thoughtful, thorough experience design work
- Evidence of internally consistent and high-quality visual
- Evidence of participation in, usage of, or execution of user
- Experience with or interest in learning basic front-end
development (HTML, CSS)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with (or the desire for) working in a distributed
environment (where most team members are remote)
- High levels of organization and ability to work
- (Bonus) experience with designing for developers or other
- (Bonus) experience working on B2B products
- (Bonus) experience using (and/or contributing to) design
- If this job interests you but you aren---t certain if you meet
all of the requirements, apply anyway!
- We don---t consider applications without cover letters - please
make sure to include yours and talk about why you want to work
In The United States, Benefits Include
What you---ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary & Commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care
leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a
background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, We Need You To Know This
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on
the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation,
marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We
support workplace diversity.
But We Want To Add This
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a
broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a
better company and better products. We are working hard to increase
the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage
everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Keywords: Stack Overflow, Tallahassee , Senior Product Designer, Other , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!