We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking ideal candidates
who have past experience supporting Federal Emergency Management
Agency (FEMA) disaster recovery efforts or have experience in
professional disciplines incidental to disaster recovery with a
preferred background in engineering, science or archaeology. We are
looking for consultants who are available to join our team for
future deployment to locations affected by natural disasters.
Hanson has been supporting the Federal Emergency Management
Agency (FEMA) on disaster response and recovery assignments by
providing engineering evaluations of damaged public infrastructure,
cost estimates, debris monitoring, and environmental services.
Performing FEMA Public Assistance is a noble undertaking and
great opportunity to give back. You will work helping communities,
schools, cities, hospitals, libraries, departments of
transportation and organizations recover from disasters. FEMA PA
provides you with an opportunity to see how cities and state
agencies can work with you to help them secure grants and rebuild.
You will be an integral and essential part of this process and will
learn many unique skills to help these applicants move ahead.
If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone
just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for
progress and innovation.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Electrical engineers design, develop, test, and supervise the
manufacture of electrical equipment. Some of this equipment
includes electric motors; machinery controls, lighting, and wiring
in buildings; automobiles; aircraft; radar and navigation systems;
and power generation, control, and transmission devices used by
electric utilities. Although the terms "electrical" and
"electronics" engineering often are used interchangeably in
academia and industry, electrical engineers have traditionally
focused on the generation and supply of power, whereas electronics
engineers have worked on applications of electricity to control
systems or signal processing. Electrical engineers specialize in
areas such as power systems engineering or electrical equipment
- Evaluate the eligibility of disaster-related damages,
facilities, work and costs.
- Develop Damage Descriptions, Scopes of Work essential to the
formulation of disaster recovery grants.
- Support production of detailed, organized reports and
- Develop and communicate processes and procedures and
methodologies that streamline disaster recovery efforts.
- Must be prepared to operate in an intense, dynamic, challenging
work environment and be experienced working in a team atmosphere
but also able to deliver independently.
The successful candidates will have the necessary experience
based upon the positions needed for deployment. Due to the nature
of this specific disaster work in and throughout the Continental US
Territories, selected candidates must meet the following
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience working with FEMA
- Completion of required FEMA training courses
- Due to the nature of this specific FEMA disaster work,
candidate must have excellent communication skills
- Extraordinary attention to details; ability to process work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with team members,
clients, and stakeholders with diplomacy and tact
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs of client and project
- Must be willing to travel and mobilize on short notice
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be willing to undergo and successfully pass a
comprehensive FBI background screening (credit record, criminal
record, tax history, criminal felonies, misdemeanors, DUI/DWIs,
bankruptcy, tax or other financial evasion)
- Must have a valid US driver's license
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the obtainment of a FEMA
badge. In order to pass the FEMA security process, candidates must
meet the following requirements:
- No convictions or criminal history (including DUIs)
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have a good credit rating
Join the Hanson team and love what you do. Focus on making a
difference as you support the development of infrastructure that
has a positive impact on communities across the country. Hanson -
Hands On. It's how we work.
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government
regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where
they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals,
employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals
with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY - AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES /