Spec II, Clinical Systems
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Mednax Services, Inc. is a national medical group. Over the last
40 years, through our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states
and Puerto Rico, we have reshaped care delivery within women's and
children's specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care
for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically
ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical
settings. Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of
Pediatrix and Obstetrix Medical Groups have used evidence-based
tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research, and
telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes and provide
high-quality, cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of
almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced
practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts
who work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great
care of the patient. We invite you to join the Mednax family and
help shape the future of health care.
Plan and execute interface solutions according to the project
scope, scalability, portability, and best development practices,
given constraints such as limited resources, time deadlines, and
technological impediments. This position will serve as a clinical
and technical resource for new and existing interface projects.
Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt to the
specific needs as required. Some understanding of the NICU setting
and its functions is preferred. Serves as SME to other members of
the team regarding clinical issues related to Clinical Information
Systems. Knowledge of healthcare and HL7 practices and standards.
This person will be required to have excellent communication skills
and problem solving techniques. May include travel. Computer skills
to include excel, word, project, power point and Visio.
- Knowledge of healthcare and HL7 practices and standards.
- The ability to engage third party vendors/ hospitals/ corporate
leads and clinicians as needed.
- Work alongside with testing and integration teams to ensure
successful project close. Interpret user problems and suggest
appropriate system change proposals to correct issues and to
enhance system functionality and performance.
- The ideal candidate is comfortable in an inpatient clinical
setting for site visits to enhance beta testing and to assist on
- Evaluates and potentially assists in testing all new versions
of the Clinical Information Systems before implementation at sites.
Follow testing plan as designed.
- Expedites all incoming questions/problems generated by the
hospital staff, vendors and physicians regarding clinical
information systems and facilitates resolutions.
- Screens and prioritizes all requests and implements in an
efficient and timely manner.
- Review and update all remedy related items to production open,
current build and specific projects.
- Collaborates with all departments to resolve issues in a
professional and timely manner.
- Provides prompt, courteous, professional and accurate
information in all communications in dealing with physicians and
- Ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of EMRs, interface systems
and interface projects.
- Demonstrates a commitment to department objectives through
consistent patterns of work behavior and positive
- Responds to the department needs by accepting additional
assignments, which may or may not be related to the job's primary
responsibilities to ensure the continuity of department
- Responsible for following all facility, organization and
department precautions and procedures in the performance of all job
duties to ensure a safe work environment for self and others.
- Stays current with HIPPA guidelines and ensures that the
Clinical Information Systems are compliant with these
- Maintains up to date compliance training as required.
The ideal candidate will also exhibit the following:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability
to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers,
regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability
to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to
prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present
information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or four
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience. Clinical experience in hospital
practice setting with current health care licensure (RN, NNP, RRT,
PT, Paramedic, etc).
- Must have a minimum of 8 years clinical implementation of EHR
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Education
and/or training background.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office (Excel,
PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- Master's Degree Preferred; or four years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in
detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to
give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and
expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands
change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
Keywords: Mednax, Tallahassee , Spec II, Clinical Systems, Other , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!