Personal Care Attendant
Company: Signature Healthcare
Location: Defuniak Springs
Posted on: June 13, 2021
This position will be assisting with many various activities and
assist where needed within the center.
Chautauqua Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a 180-bed
skilled nursing facility located in the beautiful and historical
community of DeFuniak Springs in the Florida Panhandle. Surrounded
by tall pine trees, the facility has two completely enclosed
courtyard areas that allow residents to enjoy being outside, and
provide a great place to visit with loved ones. The Chautauqua team
has provided over 30 years of consistent quality care to the local
and surrounding communities. Services include skilled nursing care,
in house therapy, respiratory services, specialized dementia care,
certified wound care, and an outstanding quality of life
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that
offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of
care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory
care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance
accreditation and pioneering person - directed care. Many of our
skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall
rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to
Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare's "Best Places
How you will make a difference:
- Perform support and assistance to nursing personnel and assist
with promoting a compassionate physical and psychosocial
environment for the residents.
How you will spend your time:
- Provide personal care (i.e., grooming, bathing, dressing, oral
care, etc.) of residents daily and as needed.
- Change bed linen and maintain appropriate grooming supplies in
resident room on a regular basis.
- Assist with ambulating and transferring of residents, utilizing
appropriate assistive devices and body mechanics.
- Routinely turn and position residents, as necessary.
- Observe residents carefully and report changes in condition to
- Recognize a resident's ability to make choices and support
these within the constraints of the care giving environment.
- Participate in collecting data needed for the accurate
completion of the MDS and the plan of care. Provide input to the
nurses for development of the plan of care.
- Provide adequate hydration to residents at regular intervals
each day according to specific resident needs.
- Prepare residents for each meal and transport to dining room
(unless a bed patient) making sure that food tray is accessible,
self-help devices are available (if needed), and assistance is
provided to those residents who cannot feed themselves.
- Keep an accurate record of food intake and output, as
- Maintain established housekeeping standards within assigned
- Assist nursing staff with the basics of aseptic and sterile
techniques to avoid infection of residents and self-contamination
of equipment and supplies.
- Be alert for proper ventilation, temperature, light and noise
- Promptly answer call lights and assist with other resident
- Utilize proper body mechanics when lifting or transporting
- Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able
to work in the described environment.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives
that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or
improve the work environment.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need:
- Must meet minimum age requirements of 18yrs
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work
well within a team environment in support of company
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent
organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and
simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of
quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and
make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders
Your work environment:
- You'll work mostly indoors on floors that are tiled or
- You'll be around other co-workers, residents and their
- You'll have possible exposure to occasional slippery floors,
chemicals, sharp objects, and hazardous materials and waste
(including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable
- You'll be around possible high-stress medical and/or life
Physical and Sensory requirements:
- This role requires considerable physical activity.
- Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or
pulling required of objects up to fifty (50) or more pounds.
Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
- Push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds to
a minimum height of three (3) feet and be able to push, pull, move,
and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of fifty (50)
- Standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per
- Bending and/or stooping for more than one (1) hour at a
SignatureHealthcare is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action
Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other
Keywords: Signature Healthcare, Tallahassee , Personal Care Attendant, Other , Defuniak Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!