SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Offering a $3000 Sign-On Bonus for Qualified Applicants! Apply
today and join our HCA Family!
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare
facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A
266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in
Leon and Gadsden Counties including a Pediatric ER and an Express
Care ER. We also offer a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health
Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive
Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center,
Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center,
Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated
Physician Practices, and more.
The Paramedic, under the direction of the Medical Director and
Emergency Services Director, is responsible for implementing
technical procedures and care on all Emergency Department patients
safely and effectively. The quality of care and service given will
adhere to the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and the
department of nursing and will maintain and support the standards
of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs
of patients, and their families. The Paramedic works responsibly
with the RN and LPN in planning, and performing nursing care for
patient(s) in accordance with the Florida State 10-D-66,
physician's orders, recognized nursing techniques, policies,
procedures, established standards and administrative policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psycho-social status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses
system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which
results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support
they need. At Capital Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of
medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on
perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and
your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
- If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office
to confirm if this benefit applies to your position
- State of Florida Paramedic License
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider
- PALS certification
- ACLS certification
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- One (1) year of experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.