Dentsply Sirona is the world's largest manufacturer of
professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year
history of innovation and service to the dental industry and
patients worldwide. Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and
markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and
oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices
under a strong portfolio of world class brands. Dentsply Sirona's
products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions
to advance patient care and deliver better and safer dentistry.
Dentsply Sirona's global headquarters is located in Charlotte,
North Carolina. The company's shares are listed in the United
States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY.
Bringing out the best in people
As advanced as dentistry is today, we are dedicated to making it
even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are
committed to applying it to improve dental care. We live and
breathe high performance, working as one global team, bringing out
the best in each other for the benefit of dental patients, and the
professionals who serve them. If you want to grow and develop as a
part of a team that is shaping an industry, then we're looking for
the best to join us.
Working at Dentsply Sirona you are able to:
Develop faster - with our commitment to the best professional
Perform better - as part of a high-performance, empowering
Shape an industry - with a market leader that continues to drive
Make a difference -by helping improve oral health worldwide.
- The hands-on Maintenance Mechanic V (Maintenance Lead) will be
responsible providing technical and operational support for the
facility and production equipment, directing the daily activities
of the maintenance personnel, as well as implementing and
maintaining the Preventive Maintenance system.
- This job function directly affects product quality
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and performs repair
- Work independently as well as within the context of a
- Maintain records of maintenance and repairs made.
- Determine Root Cause for equipment downtime
- Operate production equipment to check work as required.
- Lead in machine set up and tryout.
- Perform fabrication, assembly, cutting, grinding and
- Provide support to production during machine breakdowns.
- Be familiar with the use of micrometers, dial calipers and
other measuring devices.
- Work from drawings, verbal instructions or sketches
- Develop and Write SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Understand and execute against SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Automation, Equipment, Trouble Shooting and Process Improvement
Changes will be key areas of support
- Reads and understands CAD/Assembly Plans, preferably
- Capable of creating electrical and process drawings, manuals,
and engineering specifications
- Support automation build and de-bug activities and Process
- Provide support for proof of Design for Assembly concepts
- Work with Quality and Regulatory to ensure ISO 13485 and GMP
- Performs process validations to certify repeatability of
- Responsible for PM schedule setup for all automated
- Train and develop the maintenance personnel.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Possess a good working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics,
electrical systems and components.
- Able to read and understand repair manuals and drawings.
- Able to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- Understanding proper safety practices and able to follow
procedures while performing maintenance tasks. Basic cost analysis
- Technical writing skills including developing SOPs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including strong
- Project management, planning and organizing abilities.
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations (i.e. add, subtract,
multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, fractions, and
- Must be able to operate power tools and mechanical equipment
effectively and safely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating
- Good leadership, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational and
- Must be a self-starter, independent and be able to work in a
fast paced and challenging environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Dependability and ability to adapt to change are
- Follow applicable work instructions.
- Follow established company policies.
- Follow all established health and safety policies.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- May be required to operate company owned or leased vehicles and
- Must have safe driving record, valid driver's license, and be
able to pass DMV background check
- Ability to safely operate company owned or leased vehicles on
public and private roads
- Minimum 4 years experience in a maintenance related
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, as applicable with the ability to learn other
applicable programs as necessary
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Associates degree preferred
- Limited temperature fluctuations, air condition
- Exposure to general manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years leading or directing the activities of a
- Will direct day-to-day activities of team under guidance of
- Must be able to stand/sit for at least 4 hours at a time.
- Have normal eye/hand motor coordination and the ability to
grasp and hold small objects.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, twist, reach with hands and
arms several times a shift.
- Possess a normal extended reach.
- Consistently uses manual dexterity.
- Have the ability to determine color acuity.
- Must be able to transport, lift, and demonstrate materials,
product and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Dentsply Sirona is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran
status. We appreciate your interest in Dentsply Sirona.
If you need assistance with completing the online application
due to a disability , please send an accommodation request to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include
"Accommodation Request" in the subject.
For California Residents:
We may collect the following categories of personal information
in connection with the submission of your resume or application
materials to us for employment, and if hired, your employment with
us: identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, birthdate);
personal records (e.g., telephone number, signature, education
information, criminal background information, passport number and
visa information); consumer characteristics (e.g., sex, marital
status, veteran status, race, disability, sexual orientation);
professional or employment information (e.g., resume, cover letter,
employment history, background check forms, references,
certifications, transcripts and languages spoken); and inferences
from personal information collected (e.g., a profile reflecting
abilities and aptitudes).
The above categories of personal information are collected for
the following business purposes: performing recruitment and hiring
services; processing interactions and transactions (e.g., to comply
with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain
records, managing the workforce); and security (e.g., detecting
security incidents, protecting against fraudulent or illegal
For additional details and questions, contact us at