Join our SHC Medical Partners Team as a Psychiatric Nurse
in our Chipley, FL area facilities!
We are looking for PMHNPs to work 2 days a week in facility
Must be a licensed PMHNP with 1+ years experience as a Nurse
Come join our Medical Partners Team!
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that
offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of
care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory
care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance
accreditation and pioneering person - directed care. Many of our
skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall
rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to
Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare's "Best Places
Under the general supervision of the VP of Clinical Operations
and Behavioral Health Consultant, provide continuous and
comprehensive services necessary for the promotion of optimal
mental health, prevention and treatment of psychiatric disorders
and health maintenance. This includes the assessment, diagnosis and
management of mental health problems and psychiatric disorders. The
PNP works collaboratively with other onsite medical and mental
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Service: Provide exceptional customer service
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of Emotional Intelligence
(EI), as well as utilize Predictive Index (PI) knowledge to improve
- Maintain open communications with patients, families and/or
responsible parties, facility staff and attending physicians.
- Maintain a customer-oriented approach to meeting patient needs
in an expedient manner, involving others in the plan of care as
- Maintain confidentiality and upholds highest level of
- Communicate at all levels of organization and work well within
a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under
pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless
of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own
actions; follows through on commitments.
Quality Service: Practice medicine in alignment with
evidence-based medical recommendations, regulatory requirements and
- Schedule follow-up visits, as needed, and aligned with Federal
- Collaborate with facility staff to identify patients' proactive
medical needs and help develop an appropriate plan of care.
- Confer with patients and their family and/or responsible
parties regarding the patient's status.
- Perform with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Perform work with minimal supervision, takes initiative and
make independent decisions.
- Document care provided; meeting standards for physician
Medical Service: Perform services within Scope of Practice
- Perform procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols and
- Work collaboratively with patients' attending and consulting
physicians or mental health providers, as needed to provide
comprehensive mental health services to the patients.
- Conducts therapy, medication assessments, and crisis response
to new and existing patients.
- Evaluate new patients upon admission to the facility as
directed by facility staff and patient's attending physician to
determine a differential diagnosis and plan for intervention.
- Provide special assessments of residents awaiting discharge as
appropriate to assist with diversion of inpatient treatment if
- Provides consultation and health education to facility staff,
caregivers and patients as it is relative to treatment and
medication needs of the patients.
- Adhere to the after hour on-call agreement between SHC Medical
Partners and facility, if applicable.
Business Service: Achieve daily minimum Patient Care Ratio (PCR)
- Maintain an appointment calendar.
- Attain a minimum of 85% of daily time providing medical
- Provide excellent organizational skills that prioritize
resident care as a priority.
Administrative Service: Perform required administrative duties
in a timely and accurate manner.
- Obtain and submit to billing department complete financial
information for residents upon initial encounter, if
- Documentation of patient visits are closed and in completed
status within the 24 hours deadline.
- Accurately and appropriately code all psychiatric visits.
- Monitor and read email at least twice daily.
- Attend required conference calls, webinars, etc.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
- Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner
- Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) and valid license to legally
practice as a nurse practitioner in the state of current
- Successful completion of an Adult Psychiatric Nurse
Practitioner training program or other national certification with
acceptable adult psychiatric experience.
- If NP, must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in good standing
with current state license in state employed, if applicable.
- Must have a current/active CPR certification.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Internet and Intranet
- Demonstrated skills in Electronic Medical Records.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to utilize tele-mental health services as adjunct to
the current care model.
- Extensive knowledge of the etiology of serious mental illness,
mental retardation or other qualified mental health disorders and
their treatment by a variety of appropriate therapeutic
interventions including psychopharmacology; nursing practice and
medical evaluation; physical diseases and their treatment;
community resources and networking techniques; and of psychiatric
and medical emergency stabilization.
Join a company where you will feel Connected to your practice,
able to Personalize your practice and be Empowered to develop your
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action
Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other