PUBLIC DEFENDER'S OFFICE, 2ND CIRCUIT-LEGAL ASSISTANT I - 21007587
Company: State of Florida
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Agency: Justice Administrative Commission
Working Title: PUBLIC DEFENDER'S OFFICE, 2ND CIRCUIT-LEGAL
ASSISTANT I - 21007587
Salary: $25,000.00 - $32,000.00
Posting Closing Date: 06/30/2021
The Office of the Public Defender, Second Judicial Circuit is
accepting applications for a Legal Assistant I position in the Leon
County (Tallahassee) office.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND A COMPLETED EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, RESUME
AND WRITING SAMPLE TO: . To download an application, please go to
Application materials may also be mailed to:
Office of the Public Defender, Attn: Allison Loven
Leon County Courthouse
301 S. Monroe Street, Suite 401
Tallahassee, FL 32301
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS OF WORK:
This is varied and highly responsible legal secretarial/assistant
work at our Tallahassee (Leon County) office location.
An employee in this position performs a variety of complex
secretarial duties for multiple attorneys requiring independent
judgment, action, knowledge of laws and regulations, including
making frequent decisions in accordance with organizational
policies and practices. Duties cover all facets of the Criminal
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
(NOTE: These examples are intended only as illustrations of the
various types of work performed in positions allocated to this
class. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or
a logical assignment to the position.)
- Types with speed and accuracy, proficient in word processing
systems and associated peripherals.
- Reads incoming mail and independently composes reply when
attorney's personal attention is not required.
- Prepares and files complex motions, orders, subpoenas for both
depositions and trials, attends court hearings and keeps
- Keeps attorney's appointment calendar and maintain schedules of
meetings, appointments, legal hearings, trials and
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive file system.
- Handles calls regarding cases and court hearings in attorney's
- Maintains records of all directives issued by the Court and
- Prepares general legal forms and pleadings independently.
- Maintains confidential, case, follow-up and other essential
legal records and files.
- Transcribes from dictating equipment.
- Performs related work as required.
- Gathers and submits caseload data to insure timely and accurate
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school and two years of secretarial
experience, or an equivalent combination of training and
- An equivalency diploma may be substituted for high school
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please
check with the FRS at 1-844-377-1888 on how your current benefits
may be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida.
Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended, or
deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative
Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence
in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the
Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring
authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735).
Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to
allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees
are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with
Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Nearest Major Market: Tallahassee
Keywords: State of Florida, Tallahassee , PUBLIC DEFENDER'S OFFICE, 2ND CIRCUIT-LEGAL ASSISTANT I - 21007587, Other , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!