Company: Signature Healthcare
Location: Defuniak Springs
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Full time 8am-4:30 Every other Weekend required
The ideal Candidate for this position will have a CNA
certification or will be willing to obtain a C.N.A
Chautauqua Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a 180-bed
skilled nursing facility located in the beautiful and historical
community of DeFuniak Springs in the Florida Panhandle. Surrounded
by tall pine trees, the facility has two completely enclosed
courtyard areas that allow residents to enjoy being outside, and
provide a great place to visit with loved ones. The Chautauqua team
has provided over 30 years of consistent quality care to the local
and surrounding communities. Services include skilled nursing care,
in house therapy, respiratory services, specialized dementia care,
certified wound care, and an outstanding quality of life
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that
offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of
care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory
care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance
accreditation and pioneering person - directed care. Many of our
skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall
rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to
Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare's "Best Places
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be
able to work in the described environment.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives
that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or
improve the work environment.
- Assist in the development, organization, and implementation of
a program of activities to meet the social, emotional, physical and
other therapeutic needs of residents as identified on the
resident's plan of care and within the specified budget.
- Assist in the initiation and promotion of activities both
within the facility and outside the facility, as weather permits,
ensuring the safety and well being of each resident at all
- Coordinate and verify that assistance is provided to residents
for activities and events as necessary.
- Provide in room activities for residents who are unable to
attend daily events.
- Assist in the creation of an ongoing calendar of activities
that creatively meets multiple needs and is accessible and
appealing to both men and women of all ages and abilities.
- Consistently maintain standards for activity scheduling and
documentation established by policies and regulatory
- Solicit the involvement of the community (clubs, groups,
organizations, agencies, churches, individuals, etc.) when planning
facility activities and events.
- Assist in the planning, organizing and directing of the
Activity Department fund raising events.
- Maintain detailed records of activity programs and
participation of individual residents, identifying progress toward
established care plan goals.
- Participate in resident care planning by identifying the
activity needs of residents in accordance with the medical
- Develop and distribute a monthly calendar of events. Provide a
copy of the calendar in each resident's room, and at least one
large calendar prominently displayed in the facility.
- Maintain a pictorial scrapbook of activities and events
sponsored by the facility during the year.
- Develop and maintain an active volunteer program through
marketing, development, support, and organization. Encourage
participation by residents, family members, staff, visitors,
community groups and individuals. Assign and train volunteers and
maintain documentation of volunteer hours. Reward volunteers for
service annually and at other special events.
- Train groups of volunteers and students in techniques of
- Prepare progress notes for medical staff reflecting residents'
reactions and evidence of progress or regression.
- Maintain all activity related records required by regulations
and Medical Records - activity assessments, progress notes, and
- Assist the residents with organizing and maintaining active
Resident Council. Provide accommodation, assistance, scheduling,
and other means to assure that residents have the opportunity to
meet a minimum of one time per month. Channel feedback from
Resident council to the appropriate facility personnel to insure
that resident issues are dealt with in a timely and efficient
manner. Document minutes of Resident Council meetings as well as
follow-up to any concerns expressed at the meeting.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required or equivalent related work
- Six (6) months to one (1) year experience or related experience
performing activity related duties.
- Willing to enroll in a training course for activities within
six (6) months of employment.
- Knowledge of the aging process and various resident
- Ability to assume leadership role in the Activity Department in
the absence of the Activity Director.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent creative and communication skills.
- Skill at working with individuals who have cognitive, physical
or sensory disabilities.
- Practical knowledge of how an Activity Department functions in
a nursing facility.
- General knowledge of regulatory requirements for an activity
program in a long-term care facility.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with high level of energy and
- Experience in working with volunteers and ability to organize
and develop volunteer program.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work
well within a team environment in support of company
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent
organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and
simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of
quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and
make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders
Signature HealthCARE has a vision to radically change the
landscape of healthcare forever. It's more than a corporation it's
a Revolution. We are currently seeking an innovative and
progressive leader to join the mission. Signature HealthCARE (SHC)
is an industry leader in post-acute, long term care and
rehabilitation services. We operate over 115 locations across 10
states employing over 17,000 Stakeholders (our thoughtful and
Our Sacred Six Values of Compassion, Teamwork, Respect,
Integrity, Patience and Positivity make this an incredible place to
serve and make a difference in the lives of our patients,
residents, Stakeholders and communities!
SignatureHealthcare is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action
Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other
Keywords: Signature Healthcare, Tallahassee , Activities Staff, Other , Defuniak Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!