Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Company: Koch Industries, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you a self-motivated individual with Mechanical Maintenance
experience? Then we have the job for you. Georgia-Pacific is
seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as an
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in Perry, FL. This position creates
value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective
maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus
helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals.
Our Industrial Maintenance Mechanics work in a hot, humid, cold,
dusty and noisy industrial environment and work any shift that
includes on-call, holiday, weekend, and overtime hours as
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Installing, troubleshooting and repairing equipment in
compliance with plant codes, policies and procedures
- Repairing and maintaining plant machinery in accordance with
diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer
- Responding to maintenance issues throughout the plant
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines,
policies and procedures and actively participating in the safety
- Repairing, installing, adjusting/aligning and testing
industrial machinery and mechanical equipment using hand and power
tools and various test equipment; to include but not limited to
shafts, sprockets, bearings, fans, cylinders (pneumatic and
hydraulic), valves, belts, pulleys, seals, fasteners, chains,
drives, gearboxes, pumps, etc.
- Assisting fellow maintenance and production crew members and
work in a team environment
- Effectively communicating work performed and equipment statuses
both written and verbally
- Operating hoisting and lift devices, man lifts, forklifts, lube
carts and other support equipment as required
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least three (3) years of mechanical maintenance experience,
e.g.; millwright, pipefitting and/or welding in an industrial
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains,
sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Experience performing precision maintenance and utilizing
precision maintenance instruments (micrometer, dial indicator, and
- Experience performing predictive and preventative
- Experience using Oxy-Acetylene equipment and SMAW (shield metal
- Computer skills for record-keeping and documentation
What Will Put You Ahead
- A minimum of five (5) years of maintenance mechanic experience
in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Completion of a Mechanical apprentice program or Technical
Diploma or higher in Industrial Technology
- Experience working in a paper mill
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment
are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website
for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Keywords: Koch Industries, Inc., Tallahassee , Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, Other , Perry, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!