At Trane Technologies®
we Challenge Possible. Our
brands – including Trane®
and Thermo King®
- create access to cooling
and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Trane Technologies in Lynn Haven, FL is hiring a Production Leader
for the I2 line. In this role you will supervise and coordinate
daily production for two shifts, with responsibility for achieving
quality and cost effectiveness in an on time and efficient manner.
Responsible for implementing and driving change in a high volume,
fast-paced, lean manufacturing environment. Interacts daily with
department supervisors/leaders in Operations, Quality, Human
Resources, Finance, Materials, Engineering, and Continuous
Improvement. This position must be open to working 1st shift and
potentially 2nd shift to support production needs. This
position is also a rotational position that will include some
project management leading transformational change. Will have
to work with cross-functional groups to achieve goals.
• Responsible for overall performance of assigned
work group, including safety, quality, cost and output schedule
• Supervises the activities of production or
plant associates to achieve objectives with regard to quality, cost
and time. Evaluates the performance of associates and completes
necessary reports. Recommends merit increases and
• Supervises the utilization of materials to
assure an appropriate amount of parts are available to maintain
smooth production flow; identifies wasteful practices and methods;
reports any problems/concerns with viable solutions to the Manager,
Production; and, reports suggestions recommended by associates for
procedure change, etc.
• Actively support plant programs and goals,
including but not limited to: units per man hour, safety and 5S,
quality, customer availability, TAKT attainment, and cost as
measured by overall plant performance.
• Identify opportunities for improvement;
implement improvement plans, lead daily problem-solving activities
within teams for process improvements, develop department budgets
and ensure they are to plan.
• Provide for effective associate relations
within manufacturing by ensuring that employment practices are fair
and consistent. Ensure adherence to standard work, including plant
work rules, collective bargaining agreement and payroll compliance
• Implement plant wide communication plans and
initiatives with employees in area of responsibility. Serve as
primary communication vehicle between leadership team and
• Demonstrated leadership skills, including the
ability to lead by example and positively influence and inspire
others to meet goals.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate goals,
strategy and vision, address and resolve difficult issues, work
effectively in a team environment and lead with little direct
• Experience in setting performance goals and
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word,
• Must have the flexibility to work more than 40
hours per week and on weekends as needed.
• Must have a strong understanding of Operational
• Understand promote and coach A3 thinking.
• Prior work history and experience at Trane and
other employers will be considered.
• Project management experience a plus.
• 3+ years of manufacturing experience
• Must possess sound interpersonal skills and
demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Excellent problem solving and conflict
• Lean or Six Sigma experience required.
• Supervisory experience required.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional
and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is
inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving
customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s
possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.