Posted on: January 13, 2022
Job DetailsDescriptionMetroNet is looking for you! MetroNet has
an immediate opening for an energetic, Lineman Trainee!
At MetroNet, we pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge
technology combined with outstanding customer care. We are a
fast-growing telecommunication company, offering 100% fiber-optic
technology. MetroNet specializes in fiber to the premise TV, voice
and internet services that provide our customers with some of the
fastest internet speeds in the world. Recognized for being one of
the Best Places to Work in 2020 by Glassdoor. We are committed to
revolutionizing the industry by enhancing the overall customer
experience and optimizing the talent of our valued associates.
We're looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team
and help us create what's next!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Cell phone allowance
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
- Opportunity for career advancement to Lineman I and Lineman
Job Summary:The Lineman Trainee position will assist with the
installation, maintenance, and repair of the fiber plant that our
customers depend on. The position requires attention to detail and
a focus on your safety and the safety of others around you. You
will participate in on the job training in all aspects of aerial
line construction, maintenance, and underground fiber pulling.
After being fully trained in the setup and safe operation you will
then be using heavy equipment and hand tools to aid the Lineman I &
II in the construction and repair of OSP facilities, conduit, and
pole lines. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may
be required and/or assigned once trained on those items. This
position requires outside field work in all weather conditions
which may include overtime, weekends, holidays, and off hours.
Travel will be required depending on the needs of the business.
What you will be doing:
- Working daily to learn a complete understanding of the
standards, materials, techniques, and equipment used in the
installation, maintenance, and repair of fiber optic OSP/ISP
- Learning the ability to read and understand prints, splice
matrix, and specification sheets
- Learn to follow design engineers instructions and
specifications, maintain the scope of work on project
- Have the ability, once trained, to climb poles and ladders
safely and work aloft
- Have the ability, once trained, to operate heavy duty power
equipment and hand tools
- Assist in documenting changes made to OSP facilities and submit
documentation to engineering
- Accurately complete daily production forms, project activity
reports and all other documentation pertaining to work
- Operating aerial lift equipment using proper safety equipment
- Preform various types of construction operations which all
require heavy physical labor and lifting.
- Preform housekeeping duties for assigned vehicles and
- Follows OSHA, NESC, and Metronet safety regulations and
precautions when completing assigned work
What You Need For This Position:
- Willingness to learn new processes and procedures that will aid
in daily job duties
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required. Advanced
technical training preferred but not required
- NCTI/SCTE certifications desirable
- Outside plant experience or knowledge preferred but not
- Knowledge of NESC, OSHA, and related state and local codes
preferred but not required
- Windows based software skills (AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Access)
- Strong planning, organizational, and follow up skills
- Good analytical and communication skills, sound judgment, and
the ability to work and communicate both professionally and
effectively with multiple departments
- Must have color vision and ability to adjust focus
- A drive to win as part of a team
- Passion for your work and the mission of the company
If you have a strong desire to impact, the success of our
organization by ensuring we continue to attract and retain
committed professionals, please apply today!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: MetroNet, Tallahassee , Lineman Trainee, Other , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!