Packaging - Operator, Packaging A Auto
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Department: Powders Packaging, (2nd Shift - 3pm-11pm)
Reports To: Powders Packaging Supervisor
* Packaging Operator A-Auto operates multiple single line of
automated packaging equipment or major component, such as, slurry
* Operates automated packaging, bulk-bagging, palletizing, or
* If required, prepares and/or applies additives to the products,
monitors results for compliance and takes appropriate action.
* Sets-up equipment, performs daily inspections, and makes minor
adjustments to the equipment as necessary.
* Ensures the process safely drives quality and production to
* Samples packaged product to verify it meets specifications.
* Identifies non-conformance events, documents event, and takes
* Performs manual tasks such as hand stacking product.
* Periodically weighs product packages to ensure weight
specifications are met.
* Inspects supplies such as bags, bulk bags and pallets to ensure
useable quality and quantity levels are present and to inventory
* Operates forklift to load trailers and/or move material. (Only if
assigned, properly trained, and training documented)
* Interacts with the computer systems for compliance, reporting,
email, machine set-up and QMS requirements.
* Input environmental, safety, production, maintenance, and
shipping data utilizing the CMMS, QMS, AS/400, spreadsheets and/or
hand written paper reports.
* Spot, set-up, load and move bulk trucks. (Only if assigned,
properly trained and, training documented)
* Spot, set-up, load and move bulk railcars. (Only if assigned,
properly trained, and training documented)
* Observes all safety rules, regulation, and precautions.
* Keeps areas clean and free of clutter.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Participates in process improvement activities.
* Performs area "workplace inspections" as required including
* Must meet the assessment requirements for this position.
* Must be able to use technology to evaluate/communicate the status
of the process/product.
* Must pass computer literacy assessment.
* Must be able to understand and act upon all safety and
environmental requirements and other related communications.
* Must be able to visually differentiate between products and be
able to hear audible alarms, instructions, and commands.
* Must be able to read and understand Bill of Lading.
* Must be able to efficiently interact with and use computer
* Must be able to comprehend and follow quality management
* Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift
* Must be able to lift 60 pounds frequently-duration of shift if
* Bending, reaching, twisting, stooping, walking, and climbing
stairways and ladders frequently
* Must be able to climb ladders up to 110 feet.
* Must be able to talk and hear radio communications as well as
* Must meet all physical requirements of the position.
Hire Rate: $18.23
* Pay Type Hourly
* Oil-Dri Corporation of Georgia, PO Box 200A, Ochlocknee, Georgia,
United States of America
Keywords: Oil-Dri, Tallahassee , Packaging - Operator, Packaging A Auto, Other , Ochlocknee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!