Location: Panama City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Company Profile Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered
services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry.
We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle
of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We
operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally,
we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services,
umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied
technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material
handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Position Summary Prepares, distributes and revises price quotations
and proposals for new umbilical systems and project change orders.
Reviews technical and commercial terms of customer request for
quotes (RFQ). Coordinates, as required, with Sales, Contracts,
Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply
Chain, Quality and HSE in the preparation of customer price
quotations and proposals. Develops cost estimates based on
information provided primarily by sales for all projects. Duties &
- Responsible for managing proposal preparation and submittal by
assisgned due date
- Receive, review and extract customer's scope of work
requriements from RFQ's
- Prepare and conduct proposal or bid kickoff meetings
- Create and distribute proposal execution plans
- Conduct Risk Management Reviews and update risk registers
- Prepare proposal pricing sheets
- Process contract awards or sales orders
- Prepare and conduct handover meetings to Project
- Interface with internal and external customers
- Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other
documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for
products, projects or services.
- Review engineered and historical data to determine material and
labor requirements and prepare itemized lists.
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for sales
quotations and management purposes such as organizing, scheduling
work and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard
material costs and related cost data or effect cost
- Consult with vendors or other individuals to discuss and
formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interface with Project Managers and Accounting Manager for job
specific cost analyses to interpret variance of gross profit
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Manager and Master Scheduler to
adjust machine run and set up times based on actual information.
Maintain cost estimating data base to keep it current.
- Work with Accounting Manager as required, to confirm correct
labor rates are being used in all cost estimates. NON-ESSENTIAL
- Primary point of contact with customer
- Ensure adequate resources are available for proposal
- Support technical evaluations of proposals
- Represent the Company at meetings with key customers, assist
Sales Representatives in maintaining customer relationships, assist
in negotiating and closing contracts
- Will cross-train to support the Estimator position
- Undertake periodic domestic and international travel as
- Ability to work in the plant and home office environment as
- Participate in safety safaris Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities Reporting
- Reports to Commercial and Group PM Manager
- Interfaces with Proposal Estimators, Engineers, Manufacturing
Specialists, Buyers, Schedulers, Quality Assurance, Document
Control, HSE Specialist and Sales Representativies Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent. At least 3 years of
experience in support of a sales or proposals function, RFQ process
or technical proposals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office365
- Verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prepare and
present to groups of individuals.
- Must be able to pass a background check and obtain a
Transportation Worker's Identification Credential (TWIC) for port
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Management,
Operations Management, Project Management, Psychology, Human
- PMI CAPM certification
- Experience with customer inferface, customer relationship
management software, professional sales, proposal management,
project management and manufacturing processes
- Understanding of umbilical components and use of
- Ability to read, understand and critique commercial terms and
conditions; understanding of basic domestic and international
business contracts and agreements
- Working within structure of teams Additional Information The
position will be Hybrid - Remote work until our return to the
office post-pandemic. Applicants are expected to be able to travel
to the office as needed. Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified
candidates will receive consideration for all positions without
regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit
Keywords: Oceaneering, Tallahassee , Proposal Coordinator, Other , Panama City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!