Direct Loan Officer- Indirect Auto Lending
Company: Nicholas Financial
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for soliciting new
customers for direct loans and achieving the company's assigned
minimum monthly volume hurdle requirement. Exercises discretion and
professionalism in soliciting, processing and closing of all direct
loans included but not limited to: composing correspondence,
ensuring the safekeeping of internal/external customer files,
maintaining accurate files and records, filing, typing reports,
proposals, memos and letters. Handles, directs or screens incoming
telephone calls. Responsible for handling matters of a complex
and/or confidential nature. Duties & Responsibilities
- First and foremost, this position solicits and processes the
entire function of Consumer Loans from beginning to end.
- Accurately and timely processes and files insurance policies:
cancellations, renewals, etc. and updates customer accounts. Often
contacts customers and insurance companies.
- Accurately and timely processes and files dealer contracts:
enters data into the NFI computer system, verifies accuracy of
information from the contract to the data sheet, etc.
- According to policy, accepts checks, money orders, etc. in the
exact loan amount from customers and provides receipt.
- Assists with credit applications: reviews credit applications
for credit worthiness according to guidelines and pulls credit
- Assists Collector with collections: posts payments,
communicates with customers (both on the phone and one-on-one) and
places notes in NFI system regarding payment dates, etc. Advises
Collector of developments.
- Maintains compliance with industry regulations.
- Screens phone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence;
personally responds to requests for information concerning office
procedures, customer inquiries and requests.
- Performs other related job duties/special projects as
- Analytical – Synthesizes diverse information; collects and
- Design – Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops
alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving
situations; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Completes projects on time.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with
- Customer Service – (internal and external) Manages difficult or
emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs;
responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments;
solicits feedback to improve service.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without
interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – (one-on-one and telephone); speaks clearly
and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and
gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Presents numerical data effectively;
able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' point of views; gives
and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team
spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build
morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports
everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership – Provides vision and inspiration to
- Change Management – Prepares and supports those affected by
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen – Displays orientation to profitability.
- Cost Consciousness – Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect
and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the
value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments;
inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically
upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures;
supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization
through outside activities; supports affirmative action and
- Judgment – Displays willingness to decisions; exhibits sound
and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard
of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities;
uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts
well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for
own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve
performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a
timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures;
determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports
potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment;
manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management
direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments;
commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development
activities; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for help when
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets
challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for
improving work; develops innovative approaches and
- Education and/or Experience – High School Diploma or equivalent
with some business school or junior college courses; plus 6 months
experience in banking, finance or automotive credit; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to
effectively present information in one-on-one and in small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – Knowledge of PC's, NFI software and related
- Other Qualifications – Maintains understanding of cash
handling, credit reports and office procedures.EOE
Keywords: Nicholas Financial, Tallahassee , Direct Loan Officer- Indirect Auto Lending, Other , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!