Executive and Legislative Assistant
Company: Florida Realtors
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Who We AreFlorida Realtors - is the state's largest trade
association with over 225,000 members. For more than 100 years,
Florida Realtors has been The Voice for Real Estate in Florida,
working to meet the needs of the real estate community and Florida
homeowners so people may experience the sanctity of homeownership.
We are member-driven and work to provide our members with
outstanding business contacts, networking opportunities,
educational offerings, research and legislative representation,
programs, services, and experiences. We provide camaraderie to
bolster member success and proudly support homeownership for all.
The association headquarters is located in Orlando, and the Office
of Public Policy is located in the two blocks from the state
capital in Tallahassee.Who We're SeekingA core member of our
Tallahassee team, the Executive and Legislative Assistant provides
administrative and legislative support and information processing
for the Office of Public Policy. This position is responsible for a
wide range of activities and responsibilities, with a central focus
on providing logistical and administrative support for the Vice
President of Public Policy, as well as assisting the rest of the
public policy team with various legislative-related tasks. For
administrative-related duties, this position will serve as the
primary greeter for all office visitors, which includes members of
the Florida Legislature, state government officials, lobbyists and
Florida Realtor members. It is also responsible for arranging,
sorting and managing the substantial meeting and event
participation of the public policy team.This position will also
have a legislative focus that requires a basic understanding of the
structure of Florida's government, including the legislative
process, bill tracking and policy-based research activities.
Additionally, the ability to write and edit a variety of content,
such as website material, presentations, weekly member updates,
newsletters and general correspondence will be helpful.Overall, the
Executive and Legislative Assistant needs to be a well-rounded
professional who is organized, flexible and personable, as this
role is the initial contact point for incoming calls and persons
into the office. What You'll Do
- Reports to the Vice President of Public Policy and maintains
close working relationships and communications with the following:
- Leadership and members of Florida Realtors and local Realtor
- Other Management Team members of the Association
- Answer and direct incoming phone inquiries and greet guest who
visit the office.
- Assist the Vice President of Public Policy and the Office of
Public Policy in production and handling of correspondence,
information, reports and other administrative tasks as
- Manages scheduling of legislative meetings for the Vice
President of Public Policy and lobbyists to facilitate visits with
legislators and other elected officials.
- Make necessary travel arrangements for the Office of Public
- Maintain reports relating to legislator scorecard, bill
tracking, and vote record research.
- Process generated correspondence and reports from origin to
distribution ensuring high quality and responsiveness within
- Assist with association meetings such as Great American Realtor
Days, Mid-Winter Meetings, and the annual August Convention.
- Operate efficiently all office equipment necessary to complete
responsibilities and has working knowledge of others.
- Follow departmental standard policies and procedures.
- Identify and escalate priority issues as needed.
- Order office supplies as directed.
- Remain flexible to work additional projects as requested or
needed. This job description has excluded the marginal functions of
the position which are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. All requirements are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities.RequirementsWhat You NeedQualified applicants will
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3 years of related experience in positions such as executive
assistant, administrative assistant, legislative aid, legislative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) with the ability to use Windows based PC.
- Proficiency in calendar management with MS Outlook, Google
Calendar, and other time management tools.
- Ability to navigate Florida state government websites,
especially House and Senate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven
ability to explain critical details accurately.
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize, complete assignments,
and complete goals on time and as defined.
- Proper customer service phone etiquette and listening
- Operational efficiency of all office equipment necessary to
complete responsibilities and working knowledge of other equipment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to professionally represent Florida Realtors and
interact with a variety of people. BenefitsWhat You'll GetAlong
with our growth-oriented, collaborative team environment, our
fulltime people are offered a complete suite of great benefits.
- Rewarding 401K plan with 6% company match, fully vested
- Free medical insurance for you as an employee
- Availability of dental, vision, FSA, disability coverage,
company-paid life insurance, EAP, and more
- Partial remote and flexible work environment
- Generous paid vacation days and sick days, and 9 company
- Vacation buy-back plan
- Tuition assistance
- Possible $5000 grant on the purchase of your first home
- And a whole lot more What You Need-to-Know
- Florida Realtors is strongly committed to creating a diverse
and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures,
orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
- Florida Realtors is an equal opportunity employer where all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
- Employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory verification
of a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Applicants needs to be eligible to be employed in the United
- Pay is commensurate with education and experience.
- This position will be based in Tallahassee, FL.
- This role will be asked to be in-office with limited remote
work available. The comfort to commute to downtown Tallahassee is
required. Our people are passionate about what they do, the members
they serve, the products they support, and the continued growth of
the association. If you value collaboration, innovation,
exceptional service, and dedication to a cause, all within a modern
established professional environment, explore Florida Realtors and
our commitment to the real estate community and Florida homeowners.
Visit https://www.floridarealtors.org/ and connect with us on
Facebook and LinkedIn. Florida Realtors prefers a direct
recruitment experience for our candidates. Please no outside
recruiting agency involvement at this time.
Keywords: Florida Realtors, Tallahassee , Executive and Legislative Assistant, Other , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!