Company: Scottsdale Academy
Posted on: November 24, 2022
ID: 1035Location: Tallahassee, FLPreschool Teacher Job
Scottsdale Academy is a child development center for children
Infants through VPK/5 years old. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. - 6
p.m., Monday - Friday, open year-round, and closed only for major
We are looking for a qualified Preschool Teacher to prepare young
children for the future. Important social, emotional and academic
skills are to be taught that they will utilize throughout their
A preschool teacher must have great love and patience for children.
Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge
of best practices and preschool educational methods, as well as the
ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention.
The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional
development of the children so they can more easily acclimate to
the next level of education.
- Develop creative and engaging lesson plans suitable for preschool
- Track children's progress using the appropriate assessment
provided by the school.
- Guide children to develop their academic, artistic and practical
capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum.
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling,
educational play, sensorial, media, etc.) to teach child.
- Build an engaging, fun, learning environment that promotes
literacy and early education in a classroom setting.
- Execute daily classroom schedule to include teacher-directed
learning, child-directed experiences, quality outdoor time,
age-appropriate proper hygiene, laying out of lunches, snack
distribution, rest opportunities, as well as other elements that
may not be listed here.
- Create and encourage child interactions with peers and adults to
foster children's social competencies, including self-esteem and
- Communicate with parents appropriately and effectively regarding
students' growth and progress.
- Understand all school emergency procedures and protocol.
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom consistent with health and
- Supervise children at all times.
- Professional experience working with young children
- Knowledgeable in child development
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Patient, friendly and reliable
- DCF 45 hours (preferred)
- Credentialed with a Child Development Associate (CDA), or
Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood field of study
- Level II Background Screening will be conducted through Florida's
Background Screening Clearinghouse
If you have resided outside the state of Florida within the past
five years, those state background checks will also be required.
The preceding is at the employee's expense and can be taken out of
the first paycheck if requested.
Preference will be given to applicants with the special training in
Early Childhood Education or the equivalent.
Keywords: Scottsdale Academy, Tallahassee , Preschool Teacher, Other , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!