Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Description HCA Florida Capital Hospital is a fully-accredited
healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500
physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7
Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including a
Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We also offer a Bariatric
Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center
w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular
Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke
Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care
Affiliated Physician Practices, and more. POSITION
SUMMARY:Responsible for the safe and timely transport of patients.
Responsibilities include: excellent customer service, effective
communication skills, follows applicable policies/procedures,
attitude of ownership, ability to effectively coordinate with other
hospital staff, physicians and departments ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides safe, efficient patient transportation.
- Demonstrates proper knowledge, use and care of transportation
equipment. Operates and maintains assigned equipment in an
effective and safe manner.
- Recognizes and reports signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect
to immediate supervisor.
- Follows policy regarding admissions and transfer of patients
from various departments.
- Verifies transfer requests and obtains all appropriate
- Transfer all requested items with patient.
- Alerts nursing staff of patient arrival to room for all
transfers or new admissions.
- Follows guidelines concerning communicable disease and use of
- Utilizes appropriate equipment to protect patient and
- Repositions room to safe and tidy condition by removing clutter
from patient care areas.
- Transports patient while maintaining safety.
- Orients patient to surroundings.
- Follows restraint policies before, during, and after
- Maintains dignity of the patient.
- Assists patients and their families with information regarding
- Seeks ways to assists fellow staff and ancillary
- Maintains and promotes customer relations.
- Assesses and maintains equipment in readiness for
- Follows chain of command regarding occurrences, incidents and
complaints, completing all paperwork.
- Generates, completes, and submits patient transport log.
- Takes initiative to properly remove and secure portable oxygen
- Assists in orientation process of new transport staff.
- Completes job specific competency/skills checklist and is able
to demonstrate required skills and /or verbalize advance knowledge
base related to specific skills.
- Follows appropriate protocols for the transport of fall-risk
- Always utilizes two patient identifiers prior to
- Connect telemetry according to policy to include calling
central monitoring to ensure two patient identifiers, telemetry box
number, and confirm transmission of rhythm.
- Performs other related functions as assigned.
- Provides patient/family education as per department and
hospital policy and procedure.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider requiredEXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR
- Previous patient transportation experience preferredSKILLS,
KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to help move patient from bed or stretchers utilizing
proper body mechanics
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Frequent lifting
- Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Tallahassee , Transporter PRN, Other , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!