HOPE Campus Safety Specialist [Part-time, On-Call]
Company: Big Bend Homeless Coalition
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*BIG BEND HOMELESS COALITION*
*CAMPUS SAFETY SPECIALIST*
*Position Summary: *
The role of the Campus Safety Specialist (CSS) is to safeguard the
HOPE Community residents and BBHC campus overnight. This position
requires an individual with excellent interpersonal skills and the
ability to work with individuals experiencing a crisis situation.
The Campus Safety Specialist must work cooperatively with Resident
Care Specialists, Food Service and Facilities team members to
ensure success of our cross-functional team work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- First Aid and CPR certifications, including Heimlich maneuver
training (within 30 days of hire).
- Good physical condition.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the Big Bend Homeless
- Commitment to fostering professional working relationships with
colleagues, clients and volunteers.
- Prior residential program experience preferred.
*Duties & Responsibilities: *
- Maintain the safety, security and appearance of the facility.
- Intercede quickly, safely and calmly in a crisis situation.
- Interact with residents in a respectful and caring manner.
- Understand and implement HOPE handbook policies and
- Oversee and assist in the preparation, serving and clean-up of
breakfast, as needed.
- Follow a nightly schedule outlining routine duties throughout the
- Complete a communication log by the end of the shift.
- Interact with residents in a respectful and caring manner,
assisting and supporting them, in cooperation with their case
managers, to achieve their goals.
- Attend turn over meetings at the beginning and ending of each
shift, contributing factual and pertinent information with regard
to residents and events on campus.
- Maintain timely and professional communication with other team
members by completing paperwork in accordance with program
guidelines. This includes but is not limited to communication logs,
incident reports, meal counts, work orders, rosters, and curfew
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
- Assist in welcoming and orienting new residents to HOPE
- Work cooperatively with the Volunteer/Donation Coordinator and
Food Service Director and other team members to maintain the
safety, security and appearance of the facility and smooth
operation of services.
- Coordinate the physical comfort of the residents, including
issuing linens, lockers, beds, toiletries and other essential
supplies to our residents.
- Support and assist volunteers at HOPE Community.
- All other duties as assigned.
*Supervised by: *HOPE Community Director
*Skills Required: *
- Able to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other
- Show good judgment and common sense; follow directions and
directives from team members.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Office, Excel and
- Ability to work closely with a diverse population, demonstrating
respect for those we serve.
*Physical/Mental Demands & Working Conditions: *
- Physically able to work in a fast paced multitasked
- Must be physically able to walk from location to location on the
BBHC campus and conduct security checks in all buildings.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds, work in extreme temperatures and
intercede in the event of a crisis situation.
- Job duties will require both inside and outside work, in a
variety of weather conditions.
This position description does not list all the duties and
responsibilities of the position. You may be asked by supervisors
or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part
based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this position
description. Management has the right to revise this position
description at any time.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.00 per hour
* Flexible schedule
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* On call
* Weekend availability
For prevention, staff members are provided masks. Sanitizer and
barriers are placed in our administration building.
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Required)
* Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Big Bend Homeless Coalition, Tallahassee , HOPE Campus Safety Specialist [Part-time, On-Call], Other , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!