Guest Services Representative/Front Desk
Company: Holiday Inn Express and Suites
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At *Holiday Inn Express*, we want our guests to rest and feel
energized and ready for the day ahead which means we need team
members to demonstrate the following service behaviors:
* *Make a Connection*- show guests that they are important and make
them feel at ease by taking time to acknowledge them in a friendly
* *Be Helpful*- familiarize yourself with all the services in the
hotel and the local area to answer any question and give guests
what they need to find their own way
* *Be Efficient*- take ownership and play your part to get things
done by making things easier for our guests; doing as much as in
advance and multi-task when required to get the job done
*Job Overview: *
* Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the
* Determines a guest's reservation status and identifies how long
the guest will stay.
* Assists guests to complete registration cards and then assigns
rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
* Verifies the guest's method of payment and follows established
credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information in
the appropriate front desk racks and communicates this information
to the appropriate hotel personnel.
* Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping
room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for
maintenance and repair work.
* Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises
access to safe deposit boxes.
* Must be sales-minded when presenting options and alternatives to
guests and offers assistance in making choices.
* Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the
activities and services of the property.
* Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting
charges to the guest, Foreign currency exchange etc.
*Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for
* Register guests, assigns rooms, and processes check-outs.
Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
* Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check-
cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
* Understands room status and room status tracking.
* Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room
* Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote
other services of the hotel.
* Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department
by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts,
early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
* Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department.
Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary.
Knows cancellation procedures.
* Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to
guest accounts, currency exchange, etc.
* Knows how to use front office equipment.
* Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes
used by guests.
* Uses proper telephone etiquette.
* Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
* Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is
aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the
* Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the General
Manager or Assistant General Manager.
* Knows all safety and emergency procedures, aware of accident
prevention policies, and understands when incident reports need to
* Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk
* Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to
move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
* Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each
* Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows
up to ensure guest satisfaction for resolution
* Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and
dress code requirements.
* Follows company policies and procedures.
* May be required to participate in team meetings as scheduled
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
*Additional Requirements: *
* Being passionate about people and service
* Must be able to stand for 8 hour shifts while at working at front
* Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23
* Handling objects, products and computer equipment
* Basic computer skills to operate various property management and
reservations systems, etc.
* Basic math skills are used frequently when handling cash or
* Strong communication skills essential when interacting with
guests and employees
* Reading and writing abilities are used often when completing
paperwork, logging issues/complaints/requests/ information updates,
* Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are
* Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights,
weekends and/or holidays
The Guest Services Respresentative is to greet all guests when they
enter the lobby area and ensure that we are meeting guest
standards. The Guest Services Associate is also responsible for
handling all guest requests or complaints during the shift. This
position is part of the Front Office department and reports to the
General Manager or Assistant General Manager. Typically supports
all positions in a small limited-service single site hotel with a
limited range of facilities.
The hotel operates 7 days a week 24 hours a day. Department
schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and
associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer
or normally work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $9.00 - $10.00 per hour
* Employee discount
* 8 hour shift
* Evening shift
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Tallahassee , Guest Services Representative/Front Desk, Other , Thomasville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!