Company: Oceaneering International, Inc.
Location: Panama City
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Responsible for the procurement of goods, supplies, equipment, and
services in accordance with purchasing policies, regulations, and
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions.
- Investigates and develops sources of supply.
- Prepares and solicits bids.
- Issues requests for quotes/information.
- Reviews quotations.
- Negotiates for the purchase of goods, supplies, equipment, and
- Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and to
departments originating requests.
- Ensures the communication of technical, quality, legal, and
commercial requirement sourcing information for goods and services,
and facilitates the resolution of commercial, quality, and
technical issues related to sourced goods, both internal and
external to Oceaneering.
- Resolves purchasing issues between OII and vendors.
- Performs administrative activities in support of the purchasing
- A degree in business or a technical discipline plus 3 years of
associated experience in purchasing. In lieu of a degree, high
school diploma or general education degree (GED); and minimum 7+
years of associated experience in purchasing.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures, materials,
products, and the commodity market in an area of
- Certifications from APICS or ISM desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Communicate concisely with all levels inside and outside the
- Have strong negotiations skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Capable of understanding and interpreting CAD drawings.
- Action oriented with a record of achieving business goals.
- Strategic thinker that utilizes creative and innovative
problem-solving approaches to achieve key company procurement
- Have high personal and professional integrity.
- Be self-starting, highly organized, outgoing with excellent
- Ability to work in fast-paced manufacturing environment with
on-time delivery as a priority.
- Basic knowledge of computer software such as Word and
- Peoplesoft experience is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Inc., Tallahassee , Buyer II, Other , Panama City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!