Senior Systems Administrator
Company: Systems Integration/Modeling & Simulation Inc
Location: Panama City
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Operates, sustains the data center and integration networked systems. Supports field surveys, installs and operational support. Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency and/or data communications systems. Manages functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Duties and Responsibilities - Job Specification
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Active DOD Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one within 6 months
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) https://phoenixts.com/blog/casp-certification/,
* or any IAT Level III Certification: https://iase.disa.mil/iawip/pages/iabaseline.aspx.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of related hardware and software.
3. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Experience: 5-8 years of experience
New hires must be fully vaccinated to begin employment
Keywords: Systems Integration/Modeling & Simulation Inc, Tallahassee , Senior Systems Administrator, Other , Panama City, Florida
here to apply!