Control Systems Engineer
Company: Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated
Posted on: March 16, 2023
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.Our
people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better
world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to
our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented
people in our industry; and we support them through professional
growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in
and outside of work. -Whether you've got deep experience in
commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you're
looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we
empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive
professionally and personally.$10,000 Sign On Bonus Available!
-About the RoleThe Control Systems Manager is a proactive
automation controls and technical leader focused on maximizing
equipment reliability and operational performance of conveyors,
sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems,
SCADA devices, and programs while leading a team of Control Systems
Leads and Control Systems Technicians.
- Models safety standards and maintains an environment always
focused on safety.
- Leads, trains, and supports Controls Systems team members as
needed to develop individuals' skills and expand team
- Coordinate and plan work activities for the Controls Systems
Team to accomplish network goals and objectives.
- Understand, maintain, and troubleshoot material handling
control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial
networks, such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, ASi
Bus, motor control systems, servo drives, variable frequency
drives, electrical distribution systems, building maintenance
systems, and robotics.
- Works closely with building leaders to optimize building
efficiency and uptime.
- Demonstrates flexibility to work various shifts and alternative
work schedules as needed.
- Moves throughout the facility extensively during shift to
attend equipment and team members as needed.Essential functions
- Analyze Material Handling Equipment (MHE) metrics and partner
with leaders for system performance issues across all
- Act as the primary point of contact of escalation support for
the Control Systems Team, during and after business hours, to help
troubleshoot and repair all hardware or controls software systems
within the building.
- Leverage 3rd party vendor relationships to restore operating
systems when needed during critical downtime events.
- Facilitate Failure Analysis and Incident Review processes.
- Implement process improvements or retraining to drive
operational uptime and equipment efficiencies.
- Partner with other building Operations leadership, equipment
vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology
installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects
inside the building.
- Utilize data to deep-dive equipment trends and failure points
to mitigate operational downtime.
- Use data to demonstrate production impacts when communicating
technical issues and project timelines to key stakeholders.
- Participate in Automation Engineering (AE) conference calls and
coordinate with AE central teams to ensure all required tasks are
- Travel as required to support network needs.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university -OR-
- High school diploma or GED equivalent PLUS 10 years of
technical maintenance supervisor experience
- Familiarity with programming software such as RSLogix5000
studio, FT View, and other controls software platforms.
- Systems controls design or programming, systems integration,
field service engineering, or systems training experience.
- Knowledge identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, and
modifying motor controls including motor starters, variable
frequency drives (VFDs), direct current (DC) drives, and standard
electrical components. -
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial electrical
systems, including 480V 3-phase, 110V AC, and 24V DC systems.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Flexibility to work various shifts and alternative work
schedules as needed.
- Must be authorized to work within the hiring country without
requiring company sponsorship now or in the future.Preferred
- Knowledge of industrial robotics, industrial controls
components, and advanced automated equipment, including conveyors
and sortation systems and automated storage and retrieval systems
- Experience identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting,
programming, and designing HMI and control network components.
- Knowledge identifying, maintaining, and utilizing SCADA
- Experience interpreting, modifying, and developing mechanical
and electrical drawings. -
- Familiarity with robotics work cells and associated control
systems. -Physical Demands
- Requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods and walk
extensively throughout the facility during shift.
- Requires repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching,
twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Requires lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds,
occasionally weighing up to 49 pounds
- Requires dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals)
manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion
- Working conditions may include working at elevated heights,
small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures,
inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long
hours and wet or uneven surfaces#CSLocation: -Tallahassee, FLJob
Tags:RMEIf this job description resonates with you, we encourage
you to apply, even if you don't meet all the requirements. -We're
interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the
table!Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and
growth:JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on
your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive
benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional
health. Some of these benefits, include:
- 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- Paid parental leave at 100% of salary -
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be availableAbout JLL
-We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment
management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in
over 80 countries and a workforce of over 102,000 individuals
around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and
investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500
company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive
sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That's why
we're committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate
for a better world. We're using the most advanced technology to
create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real
estate solutions for our clients, our people, and our
communities.Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are
also fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be
recognized with awards for our success by organizations both
globally and locally. -Creating a diverse and inclusive culture
where we all feel welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve our
full potential is important to who we are today and where we're
headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds,
experiences, and perspectives help us think bigger, spark
innovation, and succeed together.JLL Privacy NoticeJones Lang
LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a
leading global provider of real estate and investment management
services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal
information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal
information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing
in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep
your personal information secure with appropriate level of security
and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal
reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.For more
information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view
our .For additional details please see our career site pages for
each country.For candidates in the United States, please see a full
copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
policy .This position may require you to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to provide proof
that you're fully vaccinated upon your start date. You're
considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second
dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two
weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson &
Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may
result in termination. -Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. - If
you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any
part of the employment process - including the online application
and/or overall selection process - - you may contact us at . This
email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other
general recruiting inquiries to our page > I want to work for
Keywords: Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated, Tallahassee , Control Systems Engineer, Other , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...