Presales Citrix Architect- (Remote)
Company: Citrix Systems
Posted on: May 16, 2020
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our
technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are
relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from
anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for
ever-improving performance drive our company and our people
forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
If you are a self-starting, problem solver with a knack for sales
and a passion for technology, then this is the role for you. If you
are passionate about combining your technical expertise with your
understanding of the customer s business needs to solve complex
problems. You have at least 8+ years pre-sales experience in
enterprise technology, ideally in Security, Citrix Workspace, Cloud
and/ or SaaS. This is a remote-based position with travel to
customer locations or corporate meetings, as needed. You will cover
all accounts across the Americas. You will be the face of Citrix
for our customers while serving as the face of our customers to our
product teams, and you will help propel Citrix by driving the
company s revenue and growth.
This position can be remote anywhere within the US.
As a Presales Citrix Architect, your primary responsibility will be
to develop relationships at every level including the C-level as a
Microapp visionary and ensure our customers and partners are
successfully adopting and leveraging their new or existing Citrix
The Lead Microapp Domain Specialist is a technical, customer-facing
role accountable for solution development, communicating the Citrix
vision, and guiding the customer through the transition journey to
the Cloud. In this role, you will act as a technical expert in
meetings supporting product and services sales, own and lead
discovery sessions, conduct architecture whiteboard sessions,
formulate and develop business cases, engage in proof of concepts,
and develop strategic direction and roadmap collateral that enables
a successful journey to the Cloud.
Candidates need to demonstrate success leading strategic technical
and business value discussions with senior and executive leaders.
Candidates also need to possess the ability to impact and influence
customers and partners with integrity, respect, curiosity, courage,
unity and demonstrate the drive to create real and measurable
business results as evidenced by deploying qualified Citrix
The Presales Citrix Architect is required to stay up to date on new
and emerging products and share his/her knowledge and perspective
with customers and internal staff. This includes taking an active
mentoring role and assisting with the training and development of
other Citrix resources.
- Establish formal leadership and nurture long-term relationships
with key C-levels decision makers.
- Demonstrates credibility as a strategic advisor.
- Solid understanding of Citrix domain, competitive technologies
(VMware, F5) and how to position to win .
- Supports active product motions in customer accounts and guides
the customer through Cloud transformation.
- Assess, identify, formulate and quantify through data driven
criteria, the business value of Citrix architecture and
- Drive customer conversations on Business Value Analysis (TCO,
- Lead and drive customer meetings to deliver the following:
- Strategic planning and alignment of customer goals;
- Reference architectures that meet business needs;
- Identify gaps in the existing environment and develop a roadmap
to successfully mitigate areas of concern;
- Develop collateral of phases required to achieve business and
- Define and drive strategy to implement solutioned areas items and
communicate how they tie back to the business needs and outcomes;
- Focus on end user journey mapping.
- Lead discovery and road map architecture whiteboard sessions that
land, expand or grow product and / or services revenue.
- Overcome business, technical and competitive objections, and
accelerates sales cycle to close deals.
- Conducts presentations onsite, remotely or at customer locations
on Citrix products and value proposition.
- Provides steady leadership through the most challenging customer
- 8+ years of sales engineering experience in high tech, indirect
sales, and procurement environment with a record of success in
driving customer adoption of technology
- Proficient in one or more cloud providers: Azure, AWS and Google
- Experience with REST APIs, JSON, and comfortable using a
programming language to make REST calls and understand the
- Knowledge of and familiarity with web design, HTML, and material
- Ability to find developer documentation on target systems APIs
and demonstrate an understanding of the findings
- Ability to apply a thorough understanding of API security
concepts such as OAuth 2.0, Basic Auth, Security Tokens, as well as
PII data and authentication
- Experience developing serverless (e.g. AWS Lambda) and
containerized (Docker, Kubernetes) microservices architectures
- Understanding of source control (Git) and package management
tools (npm, pip, etc)
- Experienced with data analysis, centralized logging (Splunk, ELK,
- Comfortable using a programming language to make basic REST
- Comfortable working with SoapUI or Postman
- Familiarity with database concepts, such as normalized vs
de-normalized data and inner vs outer joins.
- CCE, MCSE, MCITP, CCNA
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area obtained through
advanced education combined with experience
- May have deep knowledge of project management
- Requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum
12 years of prior relevant experience; or Master s degree with 8
years; or PhD with 5 years of experience.
What you re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to
work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It s a simple
philosophy that guides everything we do including how we work. If
you re in sales, we ll help you make your numbers and a difference
with a brand you can believe in. We want employees to do what they
do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If we just
described you, then we really need to talk.
Functional Area:Sales Engineer
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create
a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work
whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and
collaboration is what we re all about. The Perks: We offer
competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You
ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We ll give you
all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and
local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of
age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier
status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix
Recruitment Policy Notice at
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with
disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request
for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the job application process,
Keywords: Citrix Systems, Tallahassee , Presales Citrix Architect- (Remote), Professions , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!