Senior Information Security Analyst
Company: Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Information Security Analyst III
US-CO-Colorado Springs US-CA-San Diego US-FL-Melborne
US-NY-Plainview US-CA-San Jose US-NH-Exeter US-FL-Tallahassee
Location : Location
Requisition Post Information* : External Company Name
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions
Requisition Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
4350 Centennial Blvd.
US-CA-San Diego US-FL-Melborne US-NY-Plainview US-CA-San Jose
Requisition Post Information* : Post End Date
FULL REMOTE OR ONSITE POSITION
* Provide targeted attack detection and analysis, including the
development of custom signatures and SIEM/EDR queries and analytics
for the identification of attacks
* Participate in investigations towards identifying root cause for
security events, evaluating anomalous activity, and tuning for
frequent false positives.
* Translate threat intelligence into detection and hunting
strategies, hypotheses, and queries.
* Provide forensic analysis of network packet captures, live memory
and drive acquisitions, malware, as well as logs from various types
of security sensors, applications, and operating systems.
* Participate in Security Architecture reviews for new projects to
ensure proposed solutions align with risk requirements
* Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability
assessments, penetration tests, and security audits.
* Participate in the development of custom scripting and security
* Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security
industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions,
improved security processes, and the development of new attacks and
* Document best practices with the Cybersecurity and Operations
staff using available collaboration tools and workspaces.
* Provide timely, detailed, and complete reports on security events
and incidents to leadership.
* Provide after business hours support in response to security
alerts and investigations.
* Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
* Associate's Degree with four years of experience working in an
Information Technology or Information Security role OR a Bachelor's
Degree with 2 years of experience working in an Information
Technology or an Information Security role
* Bachelor's Degree
* A passion for Cyber Threat Hunting, research, and uncovering the
unknown about threats and threat actors
* Experience with common automation practices and methods, and REST
* Experience scripting in one (1) or more of the following
languages shell, perl, and/or python
* Proven ability to understand vulnerabilities at a technical level
and capable of recommending and effectively communicating
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
* One or more of the following certifications preferred:
* GIAC Certified Incident Handler
* GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender
* EnCase Certified Examiner
* Cisco Certified Network Professional - Cyber Ops
* ISACA Certified Information Security Auditor
* (ISC)2 CISSP
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster
supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information.
Keywords: Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions, Tallahassee , Senior Information Security Analyst, Professions , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!