Fertilizer Production Technician
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Fertilizer Production Technician
Reports to: Fertilizer Production Manager
FLSA Status: Regular- Non-Exempt
As a Fertilizer Production Technician, you will work on a team that
is responsible for keeping production flowing, meeting performance
goals, and maintaining finished product quality standards that
Trulieve cultivators, our internal customers expect from our
Technicians work with a variety of light or heavy machinery, using
their in-depth knowledge to produce goods, make repairs, or join
systems together. They may operate control systems, monitor gauges
and meters, troubleshoot process failures, resolve breakdowns, and
start or stop operations when necessary. Operators are expected
utilize production equipment in accordance with established
procedures and guidelines.
In addition to process operation, equipment maintenance is a focus
as well. Maintenance responsibilities include preventative
maintenance scheduling, performing routine inspections to verify
that equipment parts are viable and meeting specification,
completing routine maintenance work (e.g. rebuilding pumps), and
making tool changes or adjustments as necessary to maintain quality
standards. Adjustments to machine settings and other tasks must be
completed accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely
Outside of fertilizer production, maintenance responsibilities will
include working with fertigation/nutrigation systems where the
TruBlend fertilizer formulation is applied.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Environment, Health, and Safety
* Aid the Site Administrators in compliance with State Law and
Department of Health Rules.
* Observe safety and security procedures: Must have the ability to
read, understand, and apply operating procedures (e.g. SOPs).
* Enter confined spaces while properly filling out confined space
and Lock Out, Tag Out (LOTO) documentation.
* Must be committed to working in a highly safety-conscious
environment: PPE is required attire in production areas. Wear
required safety personal protective equipment (e.g. eye protection,
ear protection, safety shoes).
* Create Standard Operating Procedures for the Cultivation Division
and update as needed.
* Ensure chemicals and other raw materials are stored properly,
maintain a clean work environment free from hazards.
* Patrol tanks, troughs, basins, and plumbing to ensure they are
not overflowing or leaking.
* Report spills or dangerous conditions.
* Perform Batch Tracking:
* Record each batch into the batch sheet and then into SAP.
* Collect samples for quality checks: Acquire and store samples for
initial quality analysis and retain samples.
* Submit fertilizer samples for analysis and quarantine finished
fertilizer until test results have been returned.
* Determine test results: Release inventory that has past testing
and rework/dispose of off-quality inventory.
* Keep track of instrument readings and document: Volume, flow
rate, temperature, pH, concentration, and other physical process
* Measure ingredients being added to production vessels and blend
fertilizer and chemicals according to specifications and work order
* Mechanical Skills: Responsible for operating chemical plant
machines and entire chemical processes. Monitors instrumentation,
adjusts valves, read gauges and meters at regular intervals,
operates multiple unit operations (e.g. pumps, augers/screws,
belts, tanks, etc.).
* Controller Proficiency: Operate panelboards, control boards,
semi-automatic equipment, and automatic equipment.
* Operate basic hand and power tools, specialty machinery to
fabricate, manufacture, assemble, or move products.
* Assist with startup, shut down, and operation of processes and
equipment; perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure
proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of
* Adjust machines as needed for changeovers, different functions,
or other varying needs of production.
* Fill fertilizer into totes, barrels, tanks, and tankers.
* Properly label barrels, totes, and other types of containers
filled with finished fertilizer product.
* Wash out totes/barrels after mixing different parts of the
* Retrieve containers for filling.
Keywords: Truelieve, Tallahassee , Fertilizer Production Technician, Professions , Quincy, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!