Company: Oceaneering International
Location: Panama City
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Production Planner must be able to take input and direction
from various sources; prioritize tasks to meet manufacturing
production schedules and the division business objectives; and
optimize opportunities to improve cost, quality, delivery
performance, department efficiencies, and overall service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and action MRP messages in PeopleSoft
- Work with master scheduler to ensure that all production
shortages and conflicts are mitigated in order to achieve
- Maintain PeopleSoft bills of materials based on engineering
- Maintain item master data in PeopleSoft
- Generate and release production work orders in accordance with
- Manage WIP orders throughout their lifecycle in production,
including reconciliation of issues, returns, and variances of
- Create pick plans for warehouse movements and issues
- Record completions and scrap for operations
- Data entry of material information into PeopleSoft
- Work with project managers to evaluate, reconcile, and report
on project specific production information
- HS diploma or GED required.
- At least 5 years experience in Production Control (e.g., MRP,
master production scheduling, FAS, shop floor control, demand
management, production planning) in a manufacture-to-order
- Port security clearance and ability to obtain and maintain a
TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials) Card is
- BS degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or
Business Management preferred.
- Experience in industrial or manufacturing engineering,
experience with PeopleSoft or Oracle manufacturing control systems,
and experience in the manufacture of large capital goods is highly
- Professional certification such as the APICS CPIM or CSCP and
PMI's CAPM are preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, especially Excel, is
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety
of analytical techniques in order to make well informed
- Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into
its component parts and considering each part in detail.
- Anticipates and prepares for upcoming events ensuring adequate
resources are available.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept
informed about developments and plans.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce
tension or conflict between two or more people/groups.
- Ability to develop and apply creative and innovative solutions
- Ability to obtain relevant information through interview or
from a variety of other sources.
- Takes responsibility for own work, including problems and
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work environments,
management styles, and business trends.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being
asked or required.
- Knowledge of the metric and/or English system to conceptualize
and calculate various measurements.
- Skill to effectively organize information to meet operational
needs and desired outcomes.
- Ability to establish and use performance measurements to
evaluate program performance and effectiveness and continually
improve processes and/or products.
- Handles several problems or tasks at once.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to
ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating
with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired
- Develops and uses systems to organize and keep track of
information or work progress.
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Tallahassee , Production Planner, Professions , Panama City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!