Company: First Communities
Posted on: March 17, 2023
General Job Description Purpose:The purpose of this job
description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties
associated with the position of Leasing Consultant. It should also
be noted that some responsibilities and duties might not be
specifically addressed.General Position Summary:The Leasing
Consultant is the property's sales representative whose primary
duties are to greet prospects, professionally present the features
and benefits of the community while securing a deposit and
applications, resulting in a new resident. All Leasing Consultants
should be service-oriented and strive to make prospective residents
and current residents feel welcome and appreciated in the
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and
procedures, Fair Housing, ADA, Fair Credit Reporting Act and all
other Federal, State and Local laws pertaining to Multi-Family
- Fully implement and enforce all policies and procedures as
outlined in the FCM Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Leasing Consultants must always offer a professional, yet
friendly, atmosphere in the leasing office and any other areas
where prospective residents and current residents might interact
with them, including in public. All models and market readies
should be inspected daily prior to showing in order to ensure their
- All incoming calls from residents requiring manager assistance
residents should be transferred to the Assistant Community Manager
or Community Manager for proper handling.
- Leasing Consultants are expected to know and adhere to the
ABC's of Leasing as well as First Communities TOP TEN MANAGEMENT
CONCEPTS. All prospects are to be greeted with a warm smile and
friendly handshake and NOT FROM BEHIND A DESK. Leasing Consultants
should have a clear understanding of the features of their
property's features and benefits and how they compare to the
competition. It is important to know what the market is doing and
what specials are being offered.
- All paperwork is to be completed in a professional, accurate
and timely manner. Mistakes on lease agreements can be costly to
- Each Leasing Consultant should keep active guest cards that are
logged in to lead tracking software, if applicable, and continue to
work each lead until the prospect has chosen their home.
- The Leasing Consultant should inspect the property on a regular
basis reporting any deficiencies to the Community Manager. They
should assist the Assistant Community Manager in preparing daily
and weekly reports, resident communication, move-ins/outs, office
supply inventory and market surveys.
- Resident Files are to be maintained with current information
properly filed per FCM Policy at all times.
- Leasing Applications are to be processed within 24-48 hours of
receipt and in accordance with FCM Qualifying Criteria and Policy &
Procedures Manual guidelines.
- Lease Renewal Program is to be actively worked to optimize
lease renewals and decrease resident turnover.
- All residents and prospects treated with excellent level of
customer service at all times.
- Receive, process/log, and file service requests in a timely
- Assist in planning and overseeing resident activities as
requested by Community Manager.
- The Leasing Consultant will perform any additional duties the
Community Manager or Regional Manager assigns to them.Education,
- Prefer a minimum of high school degree.
- Prior Leasing experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing for
effective communication with residents, employees, peers, vendors,
owners, etc. and to assist in efficient operations.
- Bi-lingual abilities (written and verbal) may be required based
on specific needs of property.
- Preferred Computer software experience to include MS Word, MS
Excel, MS Outlook, YARDI, and related is preferred.
- Prefer candidate to have basic understanding of Landlord/Tenant
laws and application, familiarity with state specific Lease and
Addendums, Fair Housing/ADA regulations and application.Working
Environment/RequirementsA portion of the typical work day is spent
at his or her desk handling paperwork, resident files, computer
data entry, correspondence, and resident meetings. Remainder of job
requires constant physical walking and leasing demonstrations of
community, walking up/down stairs and covering multi-terrain
landscape of property.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: First Communities, Tallahassee , Leasing Consultant, Professions , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...