Technical Business Analyst
Posted on: September 16, 2023
CAI is Hiring! We are seeking a Technical Business Analyst to
join our team! This long-term engagement is a hybrid schedule
requiring a few days on-site/week in Tallahassee, FL. The Technical
Business Analyst collaborates with the business community and the
IT department on the Modernization project to capture and translate
high-level business needs into functional and technical
requirements. This candidate will analyze the operations of
business partners to understand their strengths and shortcomings in
order to identify chances to update business process workflows and
automate activities and functions. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Educate the IT organization about the business's direction.
From initial needs to final implementation, negotiates agreements
and commitments through improving communication between business
units and IT.
- Lead and/or assist Department staff in business requirements
gathering sessions for Joint Application Development (JADs).
- Work closely with customers, stakeholders, and IT software
developers to document business requirements. Serving as a liaison
with Department users.
- Develop as-is, to-be, and other required business analysis
- Develop and lead the implementation of business process
- Follow a standard set of practices that ensure the integrity
and quality of project artifacts.
- Work independently as part of a larger cross-functional
- Identify Department business units, stakeholders, and staff
positions affected by transition.
- Daily application modifications and additions be documented and
stored in a document repository as coding assignments are allocated
by the Department.
- Create application test cases, run application case tests, and
monitor test progress.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings, including agenda and minutes
- Create documentation for all aspects of the Software
Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Identify, analyze, prepare and maintain project risks, actions,
issues, and decisions.
- Prepare process flow charts, as directed by the
- Document the change management process. Review, analyze,
update, and report on project changes.
- Manage the data collection and tracking of functional and
technical requirements for system remediations.
- Assist the Department with Change Management aspects.
- Coordinate with the Departments management team to develop and
deliver appropriate training to the Departments end users.
- Submit a monthly activity report to the Department Contract
Manager documenting all activities performed. Required Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university in
Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or
four (4) years of equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) years or more of experience as a Technical Business
Analyst, with knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall
- Five years of working knowledge of business process modeling,
technical requirements analysis, ERD, and methodology
- Proven ability to coordinate business users, technical
employees, and architects to determine future operations and needs
based on use cases and alternative analyses.
- Five years of expertise in business process re-engineering,
testing, and design.
- Five years of knowledge in data management, data governance,
data migration process and process mapping.
- Five years of experience in programming languages like SQL,
.Net, and Java.
- Five years of experience Creating user guides
- Experience communicating and working within cross-departmental
- Excellent computer skills, with a solid concentration in
Microsoft Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience preparing status reports, providing management
briefings, and facilitating meetings.
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Excellent collaborative skills. Desired Skills:
- Experience with large-scale mainframe migration or
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) or Professional
Business Analyst (PBI) Certificate(s)
- Experience with State government projects.
- Experience providing business analysis in a criminal justice
environment. Physical Demands Ability to safely and successfully
perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and
other federal, state and local standards Sedentary work that
involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with
occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a
mouse, keyboard and monitor CAI is a global technology services
firm with over 8,500 associates worldwide and a yearly revenue of
$1 billion+. We have over 40 years of excellence in uniting talent
and technology to power the possible for our clients, colleagues,
and communities. As a privately held company, we have the freedom
and focus to do what is right-whatever it takes. Our tailor-made
solutions create lasting results across the public and commercial
sectors, and we are trailblazers in bringing neurodiversity to the
enterprise. Learn how CAI powers the possible at www.cai.io
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: If you require a reasonable
accommodation in completing this application, interviewing,
completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating
in the employment selection process, please direct your inquiries
to email@example.com or (888) 824 - 8111. This
email is only intended for candidates who need an accommodation or
assistance completing the application or interview process and will
not be reviewed by CAI's Talent Acquisition Team. All interested
applicants who do not need an accommodation or assistance
completing the application must apply on CAI's career portal for
consideration. EEO Statement: It is the policy of CAI not to
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic
information, disability or because he or she is a protected
veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to
employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, marital status, genetic information,
disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment
decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply
to all employment actions, including but not limited to
recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion,
layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of
compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship,
at all levels of employment. Employees and applicants of CAI will
not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or
she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including
intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or
applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in
filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing
or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any
Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.
Keywords: CAI, Tallahassee , Technical Business Analyst, Professions , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!