Applications Development Analyst
Company: VISIUM RESOURCES
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Job Category:Information Technology
Visium Resources has been asked to identify candidates for the
This position will be a lead member of the effort to review system
security plans, assess risk, and recommend system controls to
improve system security. This team member must have excellent
communication skills to aid in communications on technical issues
(with other developers, database administrators, architects, etc.)
and business process issues (with Functional Leads, Subject Matter
Experts, etc.). The ISM will look to this team member to give
recommendations for updates to the System Security Plan Template
utilized by the Department. Our goal for this position is to have a
better understanding of application development and use that to
improve our methods of evaluating and improving system risk.
While this position will report to the ISM, at times it will also
be involved in the development and/or maintenance of
security-related components for use within Company Enterprise
Application environment. This work would include participation as a
member of a full lifecycle agile development team under the
direction of Company Enterprise Architect. Develops custom software
applications and databases, implements enhancements to existing
systems, troubleshoots application issues, implements integration
between applications, and implements and supports Off the Shelf
software solutions. Must be able to make high-level design choices
and implement solutions following technical standards, including
software coding standards, tools, and platforms for the enterprise.
Work directly with subject matter experts (SME) and other
stakeholders to ensure solutions meet defined requirements. Will be
involved, and work in concert with other team members, to analyze,
design, implement, and test solutions.
Minimum Security Clearance:No Clearance
The submitted candidate must be able to apply specific knowledge,
skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Knowledge of secure coding practices
- Knowledge of the Florida Cybersecurity Standards (F.A.C.
- Knowledge of core cybersecurity concepts such as phishing,
intrusion detection/prevention, defense in depth, perimeter
security, and incident response.
- Knowledge of the management of sensitive data, confidential
data and personally identifiable data (PII).
- Knowledge of vulnerability management and the tools and
resources used to address vulnerabilities in a large
- Knowledge of static and dynamic application/code scanning
- Knowledge of design patterns, performance issues and
- Knowledge of development methodologies including waterfall and
- Skilled in the use of multiple development technologies
including Microsoft .NET (C#), ASP.NET/MVC, WCF/WebAPI, SQL Server,
REST, XML, JSON, HTML, Python, and CSS
- Skill in architecting and deploying high volume, high
transaction based, distributed and redundant web applications
- Skill with Microsoft SQL and other Relational Database
Management Systems (RDBMS) including Oracle
- Skilled in verbal and written communication, interpersonal,
conflict resolution, and customer service
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume,
- Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently
and as part of a team
- Ability to conduct complex systems analysis and translate user
requirements into business solutions
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem
avoidance and continuous improvement
- Ability to architect cloud-based applications leveraging PaaS
(Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
offerings for leading vendors such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon
- Ability to lead technical teams in delivering web technology
architecture, design, and implementation
- Ability to effectively work as part of a distributed
- Ability to display professionalism in dealing with all levels
of management and staff
- Ability to exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem
solving while collaborating and working effectively with others
across varied disciplines
- Ability to support security incident response efforts through
analysis of system logs.
- Knowledge of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts
The submitted candidate must be able to perform the following
duties and/or tasks:
- Review System Security Plans and provide comments and feedback
to project teams for improvements in security controls.
- Provide updates to the FDOT System Security Plan Template.
- Develop new System Security Plan Templates for differing types
of technology such as Operational Technology and Custom of the
Shelf Systems (COTS).
- Understand the concepts of the Florida Cybersecurity Standards
and use that information to recommend changes to standards,
policies and procedures to bring the Department into compliance
with those standards.
- Work as a senior developer on various cross-functional
application projects, ensuring that robust and scalable solutions
are implemented. Collaborate with other team members and Subject
Matter Experts to ensure solutions are implemented according to
- Responsible for full lifecycle application development. Ensures
code is written to implement the architecture and design such that
it meets standards in terms of code quality and efficiency
- Fully unit test all solutions prior to User Acceptance Testing
- Initiate, drive and deliver effective experiences in
partnership with distributed cross-functional teams to ensure all
aspects of the architectural vision are communicated, supported and
delivered to the highest standards; align core .NET based platform
development initiatives with Department development vision,
strategy and deployment
- Develop and apply knowledge of trends, relevant software
development technologies and methodologies.
- Five (5) plus years as a lead developer.
- Eight (8) plus years of broad experience working with
development technologies including Microsoft .NET (C#),
(Angular, Durandal, Knockout, etc.), REST, XML, JSON, HTML, Python,
and CSS. Candidates with resumes reflecting extensive Cybersecurity
experience will be given preference.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, Cybersecurity or other related field. Or equivalent work
Visium Resources is an award-winning employment firm with a mission
to match talented individuals with highly successful organizations.
At Visium, our company's success is based on your success. When you
work with us, you are never "just a number". You are our most
important asset. Here, you will know us by name through our regular
visits to client sites and even occasional luncheons. We will
always be there when you need assistance and will always go the
extra mile to ensure that you are as successful as possible.
Whether you're looking for contract, contract-to-hire or permanent
opportunities, we firmly believe there is no employment agency that
will work harder for you than Visium.
Visium Resources is an equal opportunity employer and values
diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit
and business need.
Keywords: VISIUM RESOURCES, Tallahassee , Applications Development Analyst, Professions , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!