Emergency Svcs Technician Nights
Company: Capital Regional Medical Center
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Shift: Full Time Nights
CapitalRegional Medical Center--is a266-bed acute-care hospital
that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon andGadsden Counties
including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express CareER.
Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health
Center, CancerCenter, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast
Center, Family Center,Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center,
Physical Therapy Services,Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke
Center, Surgical Services, Wound HealingCenter, Network-of-Care
Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
POSITIONSUMMARY:To perform clerical and receptionist duties,
inaccordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Capital
RegionalMedical Center. Provide quality care to patients under the
direction of alicensed nurse, in accordance with the philosophy,
goals, and objectives of CapitalRegional Medical Center.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of intermediate patient
care, to include vital signs, venipuncture, urinary
catheterization, cardiac monitoring, and 12 lead EKG.
- Participates in the unit based Quality Improvement
- Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to
patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patients right to privacy
and protection of patient---s confidentiality.
- Plans, organizes and communicates patient care activities to
the patient and the Registered Nurse.
- Monitors and documents information regarding patient
activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system.--
Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient---s care
which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- May have access to the designated areas to transport, assemble,
and stock (inventory) of non-scheduled drugs and biologicals to
include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline,
- As a crisis prevention intervention trained staff member,
responds appropriately to a manpower request (a.k.a. Code
- Other duties as assigned.Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Student loan repaymentQualifications EDUCATIONREQUIRED AND/OR
PREFERRED: High School or equivalency
requiredLICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: EMT-B certificate from State of
Florida, Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license, Medical
Assistant or Military Medic/Corpsman training. BLS --- AHA
Healthcare Provider requiredEXPERIENCEREQUIRED OR PREFERRED:-- Unit
secretary skills preferred Cardiac monitoring
preferred--SKILLS,KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: Read and writes Basic
English Ability to use a computer and calculator Ability to listen,
empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external
partners needsAn EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Capital Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee , Emergency Svcs Technician Nights, Professions , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!