Patient Care Technician OBS CDU Nights
Company: Capital Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
mso-add-space:auto;line-height:normal"> Capital Regional Medical
Center is afully-accredited healthcare facility with more than
1,100 employees and 500physicians.-- A 266-bed, acute-carehospital
that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden
Countiesincluding a Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We also
offer a BariatricCenter, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center,
Chest Pain Center w/PCI,Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center,
Heart & Vascular Center,Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy
Services, Stroke Center, SurgicalServices, Wound Healing Center,
Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices,and more.
POSITIONSUMMARY:--The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high
quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated
basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and
activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered
nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient
care in accordance with the PCT---s skills/training and the needs
of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team
with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care
environment. The PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures
and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed
- Participates in theimplementation of nursing care plans by
performing direct and indirect patientcare under the supervision of
the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoingpatient information
throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data,
vitalsigns, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation,
blood glucoselevels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documents observations, interactions,patient responses to
performed activities, and any physical or behavioralchanges at time
of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients tothe
- Assists with mobility by regular turningand positioning,
dangling, and ambulating patients.-- Assists with use of walkers,
crutches, canes,and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from
other units, departments, orentities.-- Assists with discharges.--
Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Provides or assists with non-medicatedsupport care, including
non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection,application of heat
or ice, and venous compression devices.
- Obtains or assists in the collection ofspecimens for diagnostic
or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels andtimely transfer
- Retrieves medication from pharmacy, storageroom, or tube system
and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
- Assists with patient preparation forsurgery or other
- Orients patients/families/caregivers toroom and hospital
- Assists patients with activities of dailyliving to include
eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming,and
elimination.-- Changes bed linens asneeded.
- Performshourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights
and patient requests.Strives to anticipate patient needs and
resolve them proactively.--
- Follows patient and employeesafety/security policies and
protocols, including hand hygiene, use ofuniversal precautions,use
of personal protective equipment, and adherence toisolation
- Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-freepatient rooms. Empties
trash and removes soiled linens.
- Assists with post-mortem care.
- Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaningof equipment.
Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
- Performs clerical work as needed, includingassembling and
maintain charts, filing, answering and transferring phones,
- Promotesconsistent, positive patient interactions that advance
the agenda ofunparalleled patient service.
- Demonstrates caring andempathy in all interactions and
advocates for patient- and family-centeredapproach in all decisions
- Demonstrates excellentcommunication skills, including active
listening.-- Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagueshave a
clear understanding of all communications.--
- Engages inevidence-based best practices that enhance the
patient experience, including SAFETYrounding, communication
fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
- Participates as an activemember of the health care team and
positively promotes the rest of the team
topatients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
- Maintains aprofessional appearance and demonstrates behaviors
consistent with establishedpolicies/procedures.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel as directed.Serves as
a positive role model and resource for peers.
- Seeks opportunities toimpact the growth of the organization by
promoting excellence in patientexperience and providing high
quality care to the patients served.
- Monitorsunit and individual patient rooms to assess
availability of supplies.-- Restocks to optimum levels as
- Utilizescharge system for supplies and equipment.
- Performsother duties as assigned.
- Practicesand adheres to the ---Code of Conduct--- and
---Mission and Value Statement.---
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disabilitybenefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Studentloan repaymentQualifications EDUCATION:
- CNA Training Program Preferred
- 1+ Years of Experience in an acute care setting preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS, TRAINING:
- BLS Required--SKILLS:
- Honors our Mission and Values: Ability to build trust and act
with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion,
and mutual respect.
- Exhibits Compassion:--Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the
needs and concerns of others and to----treat others with the utmost
respect, dignity, courtesy, and confidentiality.
- Communicates Effectively:--Ability to deliver verbal and
written information in a clear, concise manner to ensure
comprehension and achieve desired results.
- Prioritizes Tasks:--Ability to shift attention between multiple
activities and competing demands, and to manipulate the order of
tasks by importance.
- Works Well With Others:--Ability to interface directly with
public, physicians, staff, patients, administration and
ancillary/support department representatives to achieve optimal
outcomes and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Demonstrates Professionalism:--Ability to take personal
responsibility for job action and performance, comprehend and
perform job responsibilities, and adhere to the policies and
procedure of the facility.
- Embraces Learning:--Ability to actively learn and follow
instructions, policies, and procedures in a timely fashion,
including the ability to learn new techniques or procedures without
incurring overwhelming stress.Notice Our Company---s recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Capital Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee , Patient Care Technician OBS CDU Nights, Professions , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!